new tenor sax??

ts722

Well it really depends on the level you want, and your price range. But ill assume you want professional and price range.

The Yamaha YTS-62 is a great "Lower level" professional horn. I have a 62 and absolutely love it. You can get one for $2500 new, and around $1700 used. The early model purple logos go for more. But those being better is debatable. Its like the 5-digit debate for Selmer Mark VI's.

Other Yamaha professional horns are great to, like the 82Z and the 875EX. Those go for around a thousand more.

Another good sax company in the Yamaha price range is Cannonball. However they can be hard to find sometimes. A good friend of mine is having some problems with his octave key.

From the $4500-$6000 range things get jumbled. Many people think Keilworth is the way to go (I think the Keilworth Shadow is the best looking horn on the market), some will say Yaginasawa, and some will say Selmer. I've never played any horns in this level, so I wouldn't be good to ask.

HOWEVER, I have played on a very good Mark VI, and it is amazing. If you have $8000 lying around, get yourself one.

Edited by rpd