UIL Region 7,Burleson,TX

• 3 weeks later...
^we dont participate in uil...just boa, lone star preview, and katy preview..(or compectition...whatever its called)

The last that I heard, Westfield and Spring were going to be coming back to UIL competitions starting with the 2006-2007 school year.

Have you heard anything like that?

The last that I heard, Westfield and Spring were going to be coming back to UIL competitions starting with the 2006-2007 school year.

Have you heard anything like that?

That's not until next year, so we haven't heard that yet. I read a post that said we were going back to UIL this year but we're not. During June camp, someone asked one of the directors if we were going back to UIL. He said that it was a good question and I don't remember what else he said. I think he said that there will be more information later on or that they'll talk to us about it later. I dont' remember.

^not yet...

i dont think so...

ever since that one year (year before i came i think) when we got all those penelties for mics and electronics and stuff....we havent gone back

(whole pit is miced up....soloists have mics....2 keyboards..and a kat)

Did we really get penalties for all that stuff because we're not/were'nt the only school that uses/used mics and 2+ keyboards and they still participate in UIL. I remeber being told by a lot of upperclassmen that we were kicked out of UIL :rolleyes: I had to correct them :P

That's not until next year, so we haven't heard that yet.  I read a post that said we were going back to UIL this year but we're not.  During June camp, someone asked one of the directors if we were going back to UIL. He said that it was a good question and I don't remember what else he said.  I think he said that there will be more information later on or that they'll talk to us about it later.  I dont' remember.

I don't know what your practice schedule was like last year, but if it was not within the guidelines required for the UIL Region contest (even though you did not attend UIL Region last year) then you cannot attend UIL Region this year as there is a clause that states "Schools that enter the region marching band contest in either year of a two-year alignment period are bound by all rules and regulations in the music plan for both years of the alignment period."

I believe that this rule was added in 2004 to keep bands from breaking the spirit of the UIL Region rules during non-UIL-State years. Basically it means, if you want to go to UIL State you have to agree not to break UIL rules in the off-year even if you aren't attending UIL during the off-year.

Did we really get penalties for all that stuff because we're not/were'nt the only school that uses/used mics and 2+ keyboards and they still participate in UIL.  I remeber being told by a lot of upperclassmen that we were kicked out of UIL :rolleyes:  I had to correct them :P

It is my understanding (I don't know anything official, so I could be completely wrong) that after the UIL Region contest there was a complaint filed to the UIL Area Executive Committe against Westfield in 2002 complaining that the electronics being used were against UIL regulations because they were endangering the safety of the students. The reasoning behind the complaint is that the there were wires laying on the field which the students were having to march over and that the students might trip or worse because of them.

The UIL Area Executive Committe ruled that the wires laying on the field indeed were against UIL regulations regarding safety and that Westfield could not use them at the Area competition. The Westfield staff then purchased wireless electronic equipment out of their own pockets and proceeded to use them at the Area competition. The band, however, was not familiar or comfortable enough with the new equipment and so probably did not perform as well as they could have and did advance to State.

In 2004, the UIL clarified this rule by explicity stating that "AC power cords and AC supplied amplification units must be located outside the sidelines and endlines."

Thanks for clarifying that. Our schedule this year is still not 8 hours/week so I guess that we're not doing UIL next year either?

Is Spring doing UIL, because I saw in their calendar that they're attending a UIL Regional on Ocotber 25th? I thought that if a school wanted to do UIL marching that the whole district had to participate in it, or was that just regarding to geting out of it?....or have I just been told wrong information? if so, sorry about that

Thanks for clarifying that.  Our schedule this year is still not 8 hours/week so I guess that we're not doing UIL next year either?

This year doesn't affect next year as this is the end of the current 2-year alignment period. Last year and this year are tied together and next year and the year after that are tied together.

Is Spring doing UIL, because I saw in their calendar that they're attending a UIL Regional on Ocotber 25th?  I thought that if a school wanted to do UIL marching that the whole district had to participate in it, or was that just regarding to geting out of it?....or have I just been told wrong information?  if so, sorry about that

If you were breaking actual UIL/TEA rules then the district thing applies (for all activities even, not just Music) but y'all aren't actually breaking UIL rules since attending UIL Region Marching is an option not a requirement.

^trust me...we will be breaking the 8 hour rule....next year..

from something ive heard...that i wont discuss till...next year...

(and u dont need to either pablo)

(whats that thing in your avatar pab?

oh i see...so we wont participate in UIL during my high school years(which is two more years).

its a moue...skeleton mouse...you know...on a mouse pad...

• 4 weeks later...

We will be at the Region 7 UIL @ Burleson HS on Oct. 22, 2005. I know that these bands will be there:

De Leon HS

Santo HS

Rio Vista HS

Godley HS

Maypearl HS

Venus HS

Glen Rose HS

Springtown HS

Aledo HS

Mineral Wells HS

Stephenville HS

Cleburne HS