Dallas Mavericks

ftwdrummer

ftw we actually have a shot at 5 or 6 spot but even a 7 seed would be good because come playoff time we will have the chemistry on lock down and i see a long run in this years playoffs if the rockets do play the suns they will still win the series because the suns are sucking it up right now (with exception of yesterdays game against the Spurs) but we still know for sure latr this month when the Mavs get the Pistons Spurs and Boston back to back to back.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bet boston goes through the playoffs undefeated untill they lose 4 in a row in the finals... to the mavs... hopefully(but not likely)

boston will sweep detroit? no way.

my prediction is either boston or detroit will win. The west is so stacked that whoever makes it to the finals will be so exhausted. imagine playing the Warriors and Suns back to back. ouch...

anyways, back to the kidd trade. im a Nets fan and i am just SOOO happy we got this trade done. Harris is gonna be our future. we may not make the playoffs this year, but it'll be good for the long run. and those 2 first round draft picks should be good.

I actually didn't see the spurs/hornets game...a friend of mine (one of the drum majors) is a ball kid for the mavs, and got me tickets for the charlotte game.

Much as I agree we have a shot at the 5 or 6, I still think we probably get a 7...now, though, I'm 46/44/10 on whether it's the 7, 6, or 5 respectively. Much as I would wish to get the five, I want no part of Utah when they have home court. It's almost as scary a thought as playing a home-court Houston team.

This streak is going to end eventually and most likely this week. But as a die-hard Rockets fan, I haven't felt this way since the championship years in 1994 & 1995. It's a surreal feeling to be witnessing history. 21 games in a row. I still can't believe it. Sunday's game against the Lakers will be the biggest regular season game in Rockets history since the 1990s. I can't wait.

This streak is going to end eventually and most likely this week. But as a die-hard Rockets fan, I haven't felt this way since the championship years in 1994 & 1995. It's a surreal feeling to be witnessing history. 21 games in a row. I still can't believe it. Sunday's game against the Lakers will be the biggest regular season game in Rockets history since the 1990s. I can't wait.

If we beat the Lakers, then Houston is gonna win the West, no doubt.

people were getting ahead of themselves a little, but they had a point when they said that if we pull off this next 5 games, then there's no reason why we couldn't reach that 33 mark.

Houston FTW!

----

As for Dallas, they traded away their future, and look at the result. they've not been doing that well since the trade.

====

as of today:

1. * LA Lakers --

2. * Houston --

3. New Orleans 0.5

4. * Utah 2.5

5. Phoenix 1.5

6. San Antonio 1.5

7. Dallas 2.5

8. Golden State 4.0

9. Denver 6.0

10. Portland 11.0

11. Sacramento 16.0

12. LA Clippers 24.0

13. Seattle 29.5

14. Memphis 30.0

15. Minnesota 30.0

If this holds up, Dallas will lose in the first round against the Rockets

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but this team appears to be completely falling apart. Losing three home games in a row should NEVER happen. Jason Kidd is a complete bust; he cant score, and his assists/ game have gone way down in the past few weeks. At the same time, Devin Harris is averaging career high numbers for New Jersey, and the absence of Diop as a post defender is painfully obvious. If Nowitzki's injury is as serious as it appears, I wouldn't count on even making the playoffs this year, and considering what we traded away for Kidd, the future doesn't look much better.

Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but this team appears to be completely falling apart. Losing three home games in a row should NEVER happen. Jason Kidd is a complete bust; he cant score, and his assists/ game have gone way down in the past few weeks. At the same time, Devin Harris is averaging career high numbers for New Jersey, and the absence of Diop as a post defender is painfully obvious. If Nowitzki's injury is as serious as it appears, I wouldn't count on even making the playoffs this year, and considering what we traded away for Kidd, the future doesn't look much better.

that was a bad fall he took. they replayed the fall a few times, and the way his leg twisted....t'was nasty.