6) Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Coats

8) Blue Knights

9) The Glassmen

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Colts

12) The Academy

Top 5's:

BD- reports are of an amazing hornline, and will definitely be the corps to beat after coming off a home win. With one of the older hornlines in terms of age they are almost always guaranteed a top spot amongst the elite, and this year isn't any different.

Cavaliers - are now at home, with a promising show concept that everyone is excited about. A large returning class for the hornline, always awesome guard, but may have some drumline troubles with rumors of several vets, and would be, prospective members going to be with Gusseck at SCV.

SCV- Although a new brass staff and percussion and some new faces in color guard. The Visual Staff is supposed to be close to the same, or better. They are a corps on the rise, trying to bounce out of their funk and back into the spotlight they traditionally have always held.

Cadets- Always sounding great isn't a problem for the Cadets. The voice overs are obviously not a scoring problem. But, looking back a couple years to the last sequel they put out, this may not be as successful and the promise of so many corps may leave them out of the top 3 this year.

Carolina Crown- a corps with the best sounding brass in my opinion. They have just made a huge boost to their program's prestige and now should prove to have a bigger and better recruitment base. The DCI "Crown" is a little ways off for them, but they are constantly improving and they are looking better every year.

Good Luck to all the corps. I hope some of them can prove me wrong, and be even higher than I predicted! :lol:

wow phantom and blue that low? wow im suprised i would put blue at least 3rd or 4th this year... pending on whether they have problems in semis and finals and then i think cavis will go back to there visually sweet shows and do very well this year. Crown would prolly be second because they had a strong brass section last year and the show was simply amazing.

Edited by bonepit06-07

I really think teal sound is gonna take div I this year...

not a doubt, son

Pretty sure they haven't officially been announced that they're moving up to world class yet.

Anywho, my placements:

1. The Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. The Cavaliers

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Carolina Crown

6. Phantom Regiment

7. Bluecoats

8. Blue Knights

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Colts

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit from JSU

13. Blue Stars

14. The Academy

15. Madison Scouts

16. Crossmen

17. Pacific Crest

18. Troopers

19. Mandarins

20. Cascades

21. Pioneer

1)Blue Devils

2)Cavaliers

3)Santa Clara Vanguard

4) Cadets

5) Carolina Crown

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Coats

8) Madison Scouts

9) Glassmen

10) The Academy

11) Boston Crusaders

12) Colts

I have to agree that this is how it's gonna fall, but i think its really unsable in the top six. They all have amazing potential to beat eachother out for top spots. it'll be a nice little dog fight for the top

THIS IS A PREDICTION EDIT!

1)Blue Devils

2)Cavaliers

3)Santa Clara Vanguard

4) Cadets

5) Carolina Crown

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Coats

8) Madison Scouts

9) Glassmen

10) The Academy

11) Boston Crusaders

12) Colts

It's Bluecoats*

I have to agree that this is how it's gonna fall, but i think its really unsable in the top six. They all have amazing potential to beat eachother out for top spots. it'll be a nice little dog fight for the top

Try top seven. Just like this last year.

Also, I think it's a little premature to be making predictions almost out of thin air. We don't even have a lot of show concepts out there yet.

Predictions:

1)Blue Devils

2)Cavaliers

3)Santa Clara Vanguard

4) Cadets

5) Carolina Crown

6) Phantom Regiment

7) Blue Coats

8) Blue Knights

9) The Glassmen

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Colts

12) The Academy

Top 5's:

BD- reports are of an amazing hornline, and will definitely be the corps to beat after coming off a home win. With one of the older hornlines in terms of age they are almost always guaranteed a top spot amongst the elite, and this year isn't any different.

Cavaliers - are now at home, with a promising show concept that everyone is excited about. A large returning class for the hornline, always awesome guard, but may have some drumline troubles with rumors of several vets, and would be, prospective members going to be with Gusseck at SCV.

SCV- Although a new brass staff and percussion and some new faces in color guard. The Visual Staff is supposed to be close to the same, or better. They are a corps on the rise, trying to bounce out of their funk and back into the spotlight they traditionally have always held.

Cadets- Always sounding great isn't a problem for the Cadets. The voice overs are obviously not a scoring problem. But, looking back a couple years to the last sequel they put out, this may not be as successful and the promise of so many corps may leave them out of the top 3 this year.

Carolina Crown- a corps with the best sounding brass in my opinion. They have just made a huge boost to their program's prestige and now should prove to have a bigger and better recruitment base. The DCI "Crown" is a little ways off for them, but they are constantly improving and they are looking better every year.

Good Luck to all the corps. I hope some of them can prove me wrong, and be even higher than I predicted! :lol:

Man, not a lot of love for Bloo, I see. I guess that's how it crumbles when you have one season outta the top 6.

And I just felt I had to say it, for all the people who loved Crown's hornline, that's cool, because I'll agree, they sounded good, but if you look at scoring throughout the season, check who had more first place brass finishes.

EDIT: Just because Bloo was 7th last year at Finals doesn't mean they'll be 7th at Finals every year.

Fin.

even though nobody will want this Cavies will win next year, second will be blue devils unless they can pull another 03' or 07' out, and all i think is top 5 will be those two, cadets, phantom, and some old, but newcomers that will come out of no where possibly (madison, or santa clara).

Edited by E3euph

even though nobody will want this Cavies will win next year, second will be blue devils unless they can pull another 03' or 07' out, and all i think is top 5 will be those two, cadets, phantom, and some old, but newcomers that will come out of no where possibly (madison, or santa clara).

santa clara was in the top 5 last year (so they aren't "newcomers", and they were out in 05 and 06. That's not very long.) B)

If phantom makes top 3 in brass, DCI should seriously evaluate the music category of judging.

Pioneer: "Celtic Reflections"

BAC: Music including Mackey's "Kingfisher Catch Fire"

Colts: "Night and Day"

Phantom Regiment: "Spartacus"

Open Class:

Capital Sound: "The Neverland"

Oregon Crusaders: "Inner Connections"

Spartans: "Metallic Soundscapes"

Targets: Selections from "The 13th Warrior"

Teal Sound: "Voices of the Seasons"

Vanguard Cadets: "Perspectives"

I don't see why the Cavaliers winning would be undesirable, especially with such a promising show concept.

Ok, then what about this?

The Cadets:

2005: 1st

2006: 5th

2007: 2nd

Momentum isn't everything.

There are always exceptions. He is just saying...

If a corps which has been rising in popularity and getting better every year, it's a good chance if they are still in the middle they can keep going up. Ex. Colts

But at the same time I agree. Once you get into the elite groups..."momentum" doesn't play a big factor. I mean, after Faust, many people thought Reg would kick butt. They didn't and no amount of momentum can help their low brass.

poor catholic school boys... they have nothing.

"Better Every Day"

"...worse every year."

: (

Edited by WestCoastCorpsFan

There are always exceptions. He is just saying...

If a corps which has been rising in popularity and getting better every year, it's a good chance if they are still in the middle they can keep going up. Ex. Colts

But at the same time I agree. Once you get into the elite groups..."momentum" doesn't play a big factor. I mean, after Faust, many people thought Reg would kick butt. They didn't and no amount of momentum can help their low brass.

poor catholic school boys... they have nothing.

"Better Every Day"

"...worse every year."

: (

Right, but along with exceptions, I think it just justifies my personal belief it's hard to predict with no basis except for past performance, because it seems like it's so based on the here and now.

In 2006 the Colts didn't make finals, then they got 10th. Bluecoats went 7, 6, 5, 4, 7. Just my two cents.

Right, but along with exceptions, I think it just justifies my personal belief it's hard to predict with no basis except for past performance, because it seems like it's so based on the here and now.

In 2006 the Colts didn't make finals, then they got 10th. Bluecoats went 7, 6, 5, 4, 7. Just my two cents.

I think we are fighting about agreeing.

But, it's past performance, and announced show concept, forum rumors, personal bias... all in good fun mate.