hmm this is where suggestions go right?

well what if we had a section for videos. like youtube but for txbands. itd be soo much easier than looking up marching shows on youtube or google video. and we can rate each video and all that. hmm. i think itd be fun.

well, wouldn't the copyright issue come into play??

(same reason there isn't a "media" section, like there used to be.....)

Skramp's II anyone?? loll

although i wish it would come back..... :(

uhmmm, do u have a mac or pc?

i have a mac, so im not sure what u would use for pc, but google something like: flv converter for itunes

or something like that.....

or u might be able to download the flv converter on the conversion site...? not sure

and for any other conversions, just google it (that's how i found this one)

i know there's loads for google video, youtube, myspace, etc...

hehe...the beauties of Firefox ;).....

Many a time have I encountered people who've made the switch over to Firefox and think they've finally been saved and they have been accepted with warm arms....They open their browser and give me this smug grin, but upon observing all I see is the good ol' barebones setup that the initial installation gave them.....and then I want to cry, because they don't realize that they've missed the entire point. Download extensions! Download lots of extensions!...My Mozilla Firefox is skinned, has an instant page translator (for just about any major language), built-in download manager, built-in weather doppler and 3-day forecast, Flash downloader (for saving Youtube videos on my HD), an Internet Explorer tab converter (that way if the page doesn't load in 'Fox I can just click an in-window icon instead of opening up IE), an iTunes control console and a line of instant bookmarks all lined-up under my address bar (Facebook, Myspace, Yahoo! Txbands :P) for instant access to those sites.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Go wild!

[here's what I use for video extraction: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006]

....Course this saves the file in FLV.....you can download an FLV convertor but you often have to put up with a reduction in quality and huge filesizes to get it into the format you want.....So to solve that problem, I use Media Player Classic, which is a hack of the old-school 6.4 version of Windows Media Player....it recognizes all the non mainstream formats like .mkv and .ogm (and .flv)....I couple this with ffdshow (basically a universal codec emulator/switcher) and VLC Media Player (which has its own codec emulator/switcher but a whole different open-source setup) and I have yet to run into a video online that I can't play, regardless of format.

• 2 weeks later...