Favorite Shows of 2007

All right. Grand Nats is over. Marching band for 2007 is over (competitively, at least.) Which shows were your favorites? Here are mine.

LD Bell: TRANSCENDents. The introduction at GN was SO PERFECT. I just keep watching that section over and over. Chills every time. Incredible.

Churchill: Letters Home. Wow, tearjerker. Means more to me because my dad served during the Vietnam war.

Richland: iShow. I'm not usually a fan of Richland shows. But Halo was just way too awesome.

Ayala: (don't know the show title) I was sad to see this band not in finals. The marimba play was freakin' incredible.

Marcus: Botanika. What's not to like? Yea, the drill was a little easy, but the MUSIC was perfect. Plus, a big ladybug. Awesome.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so mine are:

~Sherman

~Fossil Ridge

~Hendrickson (actually probably 2nd favorite of the year, and top 5 of all time)

~Marcus (DUDE! FREAKING LADY BUG!)

~L.D. Bell (Duh...)

~Creekview (and I think they get the award for most original idea. Yes, even over Bell...)

~Joshua (their show was quite a shocker, I didn't expect anything like that out of them)

~Colleyville

Bell's show was my favorite this year and one of my favorite shows of all time. After them, I really liked Churchill, The Woodlands, Avon, and Marcus. I missed seeing Ayala. I was hoping they would make finals so I could see them. Oh well.

I didn't get to see Churchill, but I heard they were pretty insanely amazing this year.

I'm still waiting for videos of LD Bell's finals performance... I've only seen mvmts. 1-4, but it was still the best show of the year.

Bell's show was my favorite this year and one of my favorite shows of all time. After them, I really liked Churchill, The Woodlands, Avon, and Marcus. I missed seeing Ayala. I was hoping they would make finals so I could see them. Oh well.

Ayala was amazing! This will kind of give you some sort of idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myW17jFs2x8

I thought they would be easily in finals yesterday.

My other favorite shows of the year would have to be Donna and Avon.

Ayala was amazing! This will kind of give you some sort of idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myW17jFs2x8

I thought they would be easily in finals yesterday.

My other favorite shows of the year would have to be Donna and Avon.

Man, I'm surprised Ayala didn't make finals. The video's low quality but it's clear that they're a very good band.

Edited by Fata1

i was watching churchill's finals performance at BOA san antonio. the announcer announced thier band b4 they were done, which i thought was kinda funny.

but seriously, it was a great show.

yah, noticed that...the entire crowd thought it was over too :rolleyes: so they got 2 ovations...

really liked LD Bell of course...liked every single show of the trilogy. Simply stunning.

Also really liked Bowie's show, with their quiet notes followed by huge impact notes. Also really like Akins show as far as local bands go cuz I'm a sucker for sax solos...

My personal favorites this year would have to be in this order:

5. Richland- "iShow"

4. L.D. Bell- "TRANSCENDents"

3. Clear Brook- Can't remember the name of the show

2. Marcus-"Botanika"

1. Westfield-"One"

I loved Westfield! The euphonium solo was AMAZING!!

Marcus...huge lady bug and huge flowers.

Clear Brook I loved how they had the band members dance with them

L.D. Bell...when I saw them at BOA Arlington, too much hype...and when I saw them 2 weeks later at UIL Region 5 it was okay...their guard was in sweats =/

Richland just amazing too, i loved the concept of the show.

GENERATION Y!

My personal favorites this year would have to be in this order:

5. Richland- "iShow"

4. L.D. Bell- "TRANSCENDents"

3. Clear Brook- Can't remember the name of the show

2. Marcus-"Botanika"

1. Westfield-"One"

I loved Westfield! The euphonium solo was AMAZING!!

Marcus...huge lady bug and huge flowers.

Clear Brook I loved how they had the band members dance with them

L.D. Bell...when I saw them at BOA Arlington, too much hype...and when I saw them 2 weeks later at UIL Region 5 it was okay...their guard was in sweats =/

Richland just amazing too, i loved the concept of the show.

GENERATION Y!

I agree with Richland and LD Bell [kinda].

I didn't see any of the other shows you were talking about.

I really did like Richland's show alot.

It was creative.

:]

I liked LD Bell's show but I liked last years show ALOT BETTER!

However, I really liked the colony's show this year.

I got to see it at the Frisco contest like 2 weeks ago.

:D

Very cool.

Also I like Dripping Springs.

I don't know what it was called but the colorguard were hicks or something like that.

It took me like half of the show to decide if I liked it or not.

Over all I did.

I also saw them at Frisco.

according to Eric himself:

"Light,

warm and heavy

as pure gold,

and the angels

sing softly to the

newborn babe.

- Edward Esch

After deciding upon the poem by Edward Esch (I was immediately struck by its genuine, elegant simplicity), I had it translated into the Latin by the celebrated American poet Charles Anthony Silvestri. A simple approach was essential to the success of the work, and I waited patiently for the tight harmonies to shimmer and glow."

so yes...

bell bringing lux back was just amazing for me... since i thought 05 had the best musical production of the trilogy

I'll agree with that only if you don't count this year in it. lol. Sure, Ascension was amazing, but this years music just worked better overall. I mean, The Engulfed Cathedral as an opener? That's just risky beyond all doubt. And they pulled it off perfectly.