A band's crowd reflecting the band

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i congratulated poteet's drum majors after medal announcement but didn't even get a glance.

but honestly, if that's the way that they prefer to be, then leave them be.

it's definitely not good sportsmanship, but it's not necessary for us to be bashing them for it.

all of us know of their poor behavior and that's how their reputation will remain until they fix it (or until someone beats them).

just my .02.

LIKE SHERMAN!

Not all of them are bad.

On our way down to state, we stopped in Waco for lunch, and a few friends and I went to Whataburger (king of fast food. :D). Some parents from Poteet walked in and wished us best of luck at the contest. They were really nice.

What were Poteet parents doing in Waco? I thought Poteet was south of SA??

Haha. We used to get that a whole lot. Dr. Ralph H. Poteet High School (the one who won SMBC) is in Mesquite, which shares a border with East Dallas (Fair Park area if that means anything to you.) It is one of five high schools in Mesquite ISD and one of two 4A schools. It's in the same UIL region as Garland, Richardson, Rockwall, Forney, Greenville, Canton, Mabank, and several very small cities.

ZOMG! THERE'S A STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL?!

OH....memories!!! I lived in Bulverde, TX (near SA) my middle school and high school years and I remember marching in the Strawberry Festival parade. Everything strawberry, you could find there! It was heavenly!!!

http://www.strawberryfestival.com/

It is a lot of fun. I haven't been there in more than 20 years (showing my age now!), but oh, the memories!!!

Us?

no...

process of elimination = ...

They were yelling some very racist things to one of our drum majors. And the pit said they couldn't even hear the band they were yelling so loud.

Because we were visitor and the student section is right there in front on the home side which is where we were performing to.