ever dropped anything on the field?

have you ever dropped anything on the field before, during, or after your show? it can be a real embaressment when you do lol

At Springtown we do this thing where the drum major shouts "Band are you ready?" and we reply (as loud as possible) "Always ready sir!", and then we pop up to attention as fast and cleanly as we can.

this year at the UIL Region competition when we popped up to attention i looked at my horn because i saw something was wrong because it looked like something wasent where it should be. sure enough as i looked closer i saw that my horn HAD NO MOUTHPIECE. About 4 seconds later when we were about to step off, i see this big shiney silver thing plop onto the ground in the middle of the pit about 3 feet away almost hitting a marimba. it then rolled back and hit the person standing next to me and hit him in the foot. As we were marching backwards to our second set to he said to me "You dident just do what i think you did, did you?"

during that same show at region we have a set where the brass stands in a really tightly squeezed area (about a half step away from everyone around you) and we form a leaf. well we had a baritone player whos hat wasent on tight enough, so it had started to tilt to the side due to the wind in that wind tunnel you call Denton ISD Stadium. (and those that have marched in the Denton stadium know what i mean when i talk about the wind effect that stadium has) and sure enough as we were stepping out of the leaf, his hat got blown off and plopped on the ground right in the middle of the brass block. he had to march the rest of the show hatless, and it nearly got ruined because of all the people tripping on it.

finals at SHSU a couple weeks ago, a tuba player completley wiped out, hardcore fell/rolled on the ground, and lost his mouth peice.

Watching the video of it, its seriously the funniest thing ever. AFV funny, if you ask me.

But he got up, and linked right back into perfect alignment within about six counts, so alot of people didnt notice at the contest because of the fast recovery.

We've also had people lose random things like gauntlets and a shoe on the field, and few years ago when langham played their state show "Textures", if anyone remembers it, the yellow ribbons everyone connected to eachother in the big block. Those were ALWAYS left on the field. CG always had to get them at the end.

well throughout the pit, while pulling out mallets (changing mallets) you sometimes accidentally end up pulling an extra mallet out that u didn't want. whenever this happens with myself, i just try and kick it out of the way so i dont step on it, and whenever i have a few bars of rest, i just pop lock & drop it on down and pick it up..... lol

(not literally of course, but i try to make it look visually appealing, even though it so wasn't supposed to happen)

on a somewhat different topic, while unloading the trailer one time before a competition, i got one of those pepsi cups and drank some water. i just threw it in my mallet bag thinking i'd throw it away later. well in a rush, while getting my things set up for the opener (on the field) the cup flew out. Well i wasn't about to just leave it there, but i forgot to get it before i left..... that's probably why we didn't get in the top 5..... lol, jk

Edited by Malletguy22

Haha....

well i think that it was funny watching the video of a

certain band member in Timberview fall..

I thought it was hilarious..

But he recovered fast.

I still thought that it was funny he tripped on his show lace..

:D

Katy our flute soloist :) and where did you find our show video? I want it :(

Edited by thePIXELelement

At the next football game, every single member of our band will drop something on the field, lol. :)

We're performing our third mvmt. (ugh) for guard parents or something, and then we're doing an LCHS spell out, and as we march off to the fight song, everyone is going to leave their shoes on the field, so you still see the "LCHS".

Im not sure how we're getting our shoes back yet, but it should be pretty interesting.

At the next football game, every single member of our band will drop something on the field, lol. :)

We're performing our third mvmt. (ugh) for guard parents or something, and then we're doing an LCHS spell out, and as we march off to the fight song, everyone is going to leave their shoes on the field, so you still see the "LCHS".

Im not sure how we're getting our shoes back yet, but it should be pretty interesting.

wow, that's like the most creative thing i've heard of..... lol

how'd it work out?

State Finals This year....

My Euph. has a pretty wacked out vaccum in the first valve slide so on the "And Down" We put our horns on our back hip and My first Valve slide flew about 4 steps to my right. B) But I got it back

As for tripping on a random prop... We had chairs in our show last year, and so many people ended up tripping on them and now a vast majority of our band has knee problems. :lol:

State Finals This year....

My Euph. has a pretty wacked out vaccum in the first valve slide so on the "And Down" We put our horns on our back hip and My first Valve slide flew about 4 steps to my right. B) But I got it back

As for tripping on a random prop... We had chairs in our show last year, and so many people ended up tripping on them and now a vast majority of our band has knee problems. :lol:

Darn! I didn't see that. haha

My flip folder fell out of my uniform one time during my freshman year. Since then, I refused to bring my flip folder out for drill team stuff. I just try my best to memorize the music.