Somehow I find refuge in the term "band nerd" [or geek]. The fact that I don't waste away my time on material things like shopping, and rather invest into something more productive and something with a fabulous result, all the while being physically difficult in it's own ways, brings me more joy than most other things.

Usually when people call me a band nerd in a non-derogatory way, I'm just like, "hah, thanks." But if people mean to be offensive with it, I respond, "Well, and what have you accomplished?"

Our football team hasn't made playoffs in the past like 3 years. None of our other sports, clubs, or extracurricular activity come close to the stability and consistency of our band.

Be PROUD of what you do, because all that matters is if you think it's amazing, then it is an ultimate personal gain.

i love (marching) band. bunches of cute girls and free football games, what more could one ask for...

hahah, very convincing reasons not to quit.

Yah, the other day I was getting dressed into my uniform in the bed of my truck and my director kinda walked by and just stared at me.

and plus... there's the question with Santa's elves. If you want more info on that one, go and check the "general off topic" section and look for my forum about it. =]

so yes, I'm a band nerd. and very very proud. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...