BOA Houston 2007

Guest Guest_DonnaCassie_*

well thats a weird remark... i do think Churchill Reagan and Bowie can compare and beat most of the bands at Arlington

Agreed.

Oh I agree there were great bands at Houston, but not nearly as many. And I'm not quite sure about Reagan beating most of the bands at Arlington. I thought their show was quite sloppy when i saw them at Houston.

I'm pretty sure Reagan could still have beaten many of the bands in finals, even with a show thats not at its peak yet.

Oh I agree there were great bands at Houston, but not nearly as many. And I'm not quite sure about Reagan beating most of the bands at Arlington. I thought their show was quite sloppy when i saw them at Houston.

well you really could do us a favor and word it right =D

you said none of the bands at BOA Houston could compare to the bands at BOA Arlington and thats just not true

The reason reagan isn't so great this year is because mark chambers, their head director for all these past years, left to go direct the Crossmen. That was a big blow to them. Plus they lost a really good senior class from last year and are trying to compensate. And what's worse, they're school is overcrowded so the districts making a new HS to take up half of what is Reagan. So they're band will be half of what it is now. This year was supposed to be their last year of greatness before the split, but they are struggling from all of their losses.

either way, I was impressed with all the bands that were at BOA Arlington. I was surprised not to see Hebron in finals...that was new to me. Owasso marching music from blue shades is pretty tight to me. There was a drum corp that did that this summer and it sounded pretty tight. I wish I could have seen all the shows...especially Marcus'. When i was in retreat, I saw their colorguard outfits and seen the props and I thought that it all looked pretty tight (especially the huge lady bug). It was a fun night.

The reason reagan isn't so great this year is because mark chambers, their head director for all these past years, left to go direct the Crossmen. That was a big blow to them. Plus they lost a really good senior class from last year and are trying to compensate. And what's worse, they're school is overcrowded so the districts making a new HS to take up half of what is Reagan. So they're band will be half of what it is now. This year was supposed to be their last year of greatness before the split, but they are struggling from all of their losses.

Dang, that really sucks.