different Maverick Bands... :o

we're going to be cutting out the first 4 sets for UIL purposes. even going over tempo, we are 8 seconds over.

we may hafta do something like that.

If we playing all our pieces at EXACT tempo, we come up with about 7 and 1/2 minutes of music. If you add in transition times between pieces, plus tempo fluctuations, we come right up (possibly over) to the 8 minute mark.

Now, we have most of the show down, just a few charts in the third/last movement left, as far as I know. The end is still not the best, but I think we have it down fairly well. Last year we had our whole show down by our first competition, this year we didn't, but we still had most of it.

I'm just sad that they took away paint pen priveleges, so no more "THIS IS MY LAST CHART EVER!!!", but I still got to put down "LAST OPENER CHART EVER!", that's when we still had them.

I kind of realized that after I posted...haha

We are still old fashioned I guess. We still use chalk.

Paint pens huh? How do you not get confused with all of these semi-permanent marks on the field? Doesn't it defeat the purpose? Or would you take a hose to the parking lot after a certain point in the drill is reached?