• 1 month later...
so just an interesting fact

my new percussion directer use to teach a little at langham

and he said that the whole band will stand around the field

and watch their section leaders play the show and

they dunt start learning the show untill

it is played flawlessly by their section leaders

wow, which of our former directors do you have? (we have ALOT of formers percussion directors)

Hah, that position at our school is like the "defense against the dark arts" position.

Seriously, they never last a year. Its kind of creepy.

Hm, yes, and usually at the beggining of the season after rehearsel, the leaders perform the music of the show memorized, like a passoff. The band basically doesnt start passoffs until the leaders can pass off the music as a group.

This is the first year at langham (that I've seen) where we did not do this.

We we're too behind getting music/drill that we didnt have that kind of time to invest in that at the end of rehearsels.

wow, which of our former directors do you have? (we have ALOT of formers percussion directors)

Hah, that position at our school is like the "defense against the dark arts" position.

Seriously, they never last a year. Its kind of creepy.

Hm, yes, and usually at the beggining of the season after rehearsel, the leaders perform the music of the show memorized, like a passoff. The band basically doesnt start passoffs until the leaders can pass off the music as a group.

This is the first year at langham (that I've seen) where we did not do this.

We we're too behind getting music/drill that we didnt have that kind of time to invest in that at the end of rehearsels.

I'm guessing it's Mr. Estes

I'm guessing it's Mr. Estes

That was my initial though, but he's living in Chicago now from what I've heard.

Which is sad. We all liked him alot.

He danced when he conducted. : D

..but If i had to guess, Id say its either Mr. Lebreck or Mr. Sommers who is the new percussion director being reffered too.

That was my initial though, but he's living in Chicago now from what I've heard.

Which is sad. We all liked him alot.

He danced when he conducted. : D

..but If i had to guess, Id say its either Mr. Lebreck or Mr. Sommers who is the new percussion director being reffered too.

I heard during marching season McAdow took Estes in a room and just started yelling at him and it was extremely really loud. If I was Mr. Estes I probably would've just quit on the spot if something like that happened to me.