Life In Drum Corps

TRtrumpet

• 2 months later...
Wow drum corps is EXPENSIVE!! But it sounds like its worth it...

Slight point of clarification: *DCI/Junior corps* is expensive. This is due mainly to long tours with lots of travel and missed opporunity to have a job during the summer.

DCA/all-ages corps are not as expensive because there is a LOT less travel; plus all-age corps are generally weekend-based so you can still go to school, have a paying job, meet family committments, and not spend more money in travel expenses (both through the corps and on your own).

I'm not saying that DCA or DCI are better--I'm just pointing out the differences. Either may work better than the other for any given person.

If you have the opportunity--absolutely definitely march DCI.

along the lines of the original topic... can anyone tell me how being in a Div. II or III corps compares to Div. I? I've been thinking about trying out for Revolution this year, yet I'm tempted to try out for a Div. I corps (Carolina Crown has auditions in my area, so I've heard) but don't know if I'll be able to make a full commitment to it (this being my senior year, I want to miss as few school days or high school band events as possible).

I know a place you can march where you wont miss any of your high school events...and its a lot closer to home than any of the DCI corps and costs about half as much.

Any Houston area folks interested in marching in a DCA corps this summer check out the website in my signature. If you are looking for a fun drum corps experience to use as a stepping stone to DCI or even possibly a place to go if you didnt make it into that DCI corps that you love. Come out and march with us. Its fun and its a great learning experience that you can take with you to your next DCI tryout.

We still have plenty of room available in the hornline, guard and battery. We do require a commitment from your parents as boosters, etc if you are under the age of 18. Next camp is January 14th. Details available on our website.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...