Who has the best Jazz Band?????

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
other than Southlake Carroll*cough three All-State Jazz members*cough* and O'Connor *cough*Adam Carillo*cough*, i'd say Judson man, if you haven't heard us thats a tragedy.....we played some extremely difficult music that college jazz bands have difficulty playing *cough*Cruisin for A Bluesin'*cough*Time Check*cough*Samba Del Gringo*cough*Festival De Ritmo*cough* LMAO!!! sorry lots of coughing, we also got to play the theme to Cowboy Bepop called Tank, man that was the funnest song i ever played, and aeveryone loved it, the audiences reactions when we went to jazz competitions with it was funny, they'd all start cheering and clapping. hah but yea Judson, oh yea and we won most of the competitions we went to..which was two, lol, and the first one we just got one of the outstandsing band awards, but the second one we completely killed our competition

i guess they have to be good at something.... jk

our jazz band wasnt too bad... but then again we're 3A haha

we hadd

2 flutes

a fiddle?

4 clarinets no clue why

2 altos

1 tenor

1 bari

2 trombones

3 baritones

5 trumpets

and then people doing the percussion stuff im not gonna both trying to count

I can understand a jazz band having clarinets... there's a lot of really interesting jazz songs w. huge clarinet solos...

why I can't understand is why you would have two flutes and 3 baritones in a jazz band...?

Aren't you 5A? It seems odd to have a 5A school and no jazz band.

Thata mostly likely do to silly funding by the school district.

Pearland had a very good jazz band up till around 1998. School district cut the budget and they were dropped. From what I understand, after 10 years of disappearing, they are bringing it back.

Hooray.

but I graduated...gonna be a sophomore now...

and aren't in band anymore anyway...

ANYWAY....