'Round here, I've seen West Side Story too many times, along with Appalachian Spring and The Planets. Symphonic Metamorphosis has been done a lot, but there's enough different spins on it where it hasn't completely lost its freshness.

Although it's not there yet, I'm predicting Scheherazade will become the next overplayed show.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Well Cedar Park H.S. won state as 4A with Appalachian

I'm still wondering why our band hasn't been able to do the same thing as Cedar Park (Our school is in the same district and is practically just down the street from CPHS... we share a PAC right now) did so soon after it started. It really makes you feel inferior when you're in a the same/similar situation as they were but fail to measure up to what they accomplished. I really want to know what the difference between the Cedar Park band of that year and ours... maybe the one more class a year thing we've been doing (that thankfully will finally be done with next year) is the culprit, but unfortunately its really more likely to be just laziness among students and weaker directing... along with a really, REALLY small first year class.

We will overcome... someday... hopefully...