Which is harder to make state

whitewing09

this is totaly like comparing apples and oranges. you can't compare them at all. in both, it takes great amout of skill, concentration, devotion, and conditioning. how many of you actually play football too? lol. so i think it's even harder to compare unless you've actually have done both marching and football varsity playing. sorry if this sounds rude, but i feel strongle about this :-)

it takes alot more skill for marching band

not true, have you tried to work with or against a great no-huddle offense like southlake carroll, if twas so easy everyone would do it. my band made state (2nd in area c) and we had 3/4s of our band that where underclassmen. the valley football teams are way undersized compared too the san antonio and corpus teams they have to face but in band you dont have to be 6 foot 3 and 230 lbs to be good. anyone who says football is not a "smart/skillfull sport" apperntly hasnt played football.

ok i did not mean if its harder to play an instrument and march on the field then making touch downs. cuz yes that is comparing an apple and an orange or whatever!

i meant like the way you make state. ya know like region, area, area, finals, state, state finals for band versus district, bidistrict,region,area,state. or how ever it goes for football.

nancy i don't know what you are talking about! football works just as hard as we do.

Football works harder. Not a single one of you can convince me otherwise.

It takes multiple runs of a show to equal one football game time wise. With band your only pounding on your own body, its something you can control. With football, your getting fought (especially if on o-line or d-line) every single play.

I dont care if you even compare practices to each other, but the actual fact of playing those football games week in and week out takes its tolls on people. It takes a lot more physical strength to stay good to make the playoffs, especially when your competition happens every Friday night to show you how good (or bad) you are. With band...you maybe go to 3 or 4 contests before state.

That may not make a whole lot of sense...if not call me out and i'll try better...its late and finals are kickin my butt.

There are 2 UIL state champion football teams every year.

There is only 1 state marching band champion every 2 years.

Since there are 4 times as many football championship winners it is easier to win a football championship than a marching band championship.

do you even keep up with football???

everyone knows that southlake carroll wins one of those every year... the other champion has go through many hard teams... and sure one can make the argument that there are som teams that only win 4 games in the season and still make playoffs (rowlett) but they play some of the harder teams(allen) in the first round and get kicked out. then allen has to go on and play some tough compitition just to get to area finals.

this happens through out the state. the only areas in marching band that can say that its really hard to make state even though they have a great show are prolly areas B and D...

^ but thats still unfair cuz there are ALOT of good bands in area D i bet Westlake and Leander could make state if they were in different areas. and football has state every year we only get it like once every two years.

and people stop comparing how hard the two are!! jeez they both got there ups and downs, shouldnt really try saying one is ALOT harder then the other

• 2 weeks later...