What chair are you?

We had two section leaders(bari and bass clar.) quit during marching season.

not even...

the tenors and the baris all tried out for the top band and mrs rhodes put nobody in the top band at all...

therefore im first chair in the school but still in the second band until next semester...

everybody get it??? okay...because it's not really that serious to be tryna go back and forth on...

not even...

the tenors and the baris all tried out for the top band and mrs rhodes put nobody in the top band at all...

therefore im first chair in the school but still in the second band until next semester...

everybody get it??? okay...because it's not really that serious to be tryna go back and forth on...

Oh yeah, I remember that now.

Oh, I really didn't mean any offense to my question. I was just curious as to why one of the best bands in the nation didn't have a bari sax. Thank you for clearing it up.

At Hebron, though, all the saxes tried out all at the same time, and the director put the five best in there and went down the line from 1st to 5th to see who got what part. Last year the fourth chair girl originally tried out on alto but had to play tenor during the concert season.

at the end of last year i was 2nd chair 2nd band. the start of this year i was 7th chair top band two days later 1st chair 2nd band. now im 6th chair 3rd band (i dint even get the solo in our xmas concert). they take auditions seriosly at my school (i dont :D ) .

in my all district mariachi band im the principlal player, which is funny because our mariachi second chair is 1st/2nd chair region jazz and our third chair is in my schools top band, both of which are in all-region (i didnt try out, i prolly should have though)...

• 1 month later...

yeah so at this very moment i a 1st chair fourth band ;):(:angry: (i was last chair top band)

today the head band director noticed i was in the fourth band and asked me what heck i was doing in there. i told him that i had no clue. the truth is is that i got moved to second band by accedent at the beginning of the year then we had end of marching season auditions that i sight read and played "mary had a little lamb" for one of the etudes i got moved to third band 1st chair. i got bored one week and started playing every thing up an octive and so the third band director moved me to fourth band. :D

darn kid. wats wrong wit u?

I'm 1st chair second band. I like my director. some people use the excuse that they would never play under our head director, cuz they dont like her. Thats a poor excuse to not make the top band. I just didnt make the 1st band. and i dont have any excuse for it.

darn kid. wats wrong wit u?

I'm 1st chair second band. I like my director. some people use the excuse that they would never play under our head director, cuz they dont like her. Thats a poor excuse to not make the top band. I just didnt make the 1st band. and i dont have any excuse for it.

haha!

thats what people at spring say sometimes!

its a bunch of bull

usually its cause they cant play worth a crap