2006 UIL State

By my count:

There will be 15 bands in attendance that have placed in the top 10 at a BOA contest this year.

Bell

SFA

Marcus

Bowie

The Woodlands

Haltom

Hebron

Richland

Coppell

Ronald Reagan

Churchill

Brazoswood

Clear Brook

Klein

Cypress Falls

There are 5 bands that didn't make an appearance at a BOA finals, but won their area.

Hanna

Spring

Duncanville

Langham Creek

Keller

There are several other bands that aren't in either one of these groups, but will be definitely be challenging for a finals spot. (Off the top of my head: Rowlett, Cedar Park, and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting)

There are going to be some VERY deserving bands left out of finals. What a competitive year for 5A bands in Texas!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HmM, its funny because their cymbal line dress they HAD is the same as the one we got our pattern from. i bet its weird to see another cymbal line with the dress you had. but they got new uniforms + i`m guessing no more cymbal dresses. oh, + we're [red] raiders + they're the BLUE raiders. HaHa, i really wanted a picture with them or something...lol, i`m such a dork!!

lol nice i say the two bands should meet up and battle it out: P

I believe if you don't participate in UIL during a non-state year, you're disqualified from advancing to area/state the next year. At least that was the rule that was instated when Westfield and Spring stopped competing in UIL in 2003. Which is probably what has kept some bands from following suit and only participating in state years - if you want to go to state, you have to do UIL (and the 8 hour rule that goes with it) every year.

yeah i'm really excited about seeing LD Bell FINALLY!...their show seems awesome...does anyone else know any of the other band's shows?

Ya... I think most of the shows at state are gonna be amazing... Theres not really a bad band you can single out.... I dunno much about other shows.... I know Brazoswood's show is supposed to be AWESOME.... Theyre playing the same music as Santa Clara Vangaurd.... I think it was called Moto Perpetuo or something.... But they must be good... they beat the Woodlands at Area... but well see how they do at state....

I believe if you don't participate in UIL during a non-state year, you're disqualified from advancing to area/state the next year. At least that was the rule that was instated when Westfield and Spring stopped competing in UIL in 2003. Which is probably what has kept some bands from following suit and only participating in state years - if you want to go to state, you have to do UIL (and the 8 hour rule that goes with it) every year.

It's basically saying that you can't participate in UIL on a state year if you didn't participate the year before.

Actually, the rule says that you have to follow the UIL 8-hour rule for both years in the 2-year cycle (06-07 and 07-08)to be eligible to advance to the Area competition.

This means that Westfield was eligible (as long as they didn't break the UIL 8-hour rule) to advance to Area/State this year so long as they also follow the UIL 8-hour rule next year.

"Out of the Blue" is what they're calling it.

I think they have some videos on their wesbite. www.bucband.org

I can't tell you how weird it was when I first saw a video of them playing that music. Obviously, they're not going with the perpetual motion theme, but they're doing a good job with the music. I just can't get used to the random woodwind parts added in. :huh:

Actually, the rule says that you have to follow the UIL 8-hour rule for both years in the 2-year cycle (06-07 and 07-08)to be eligible to advance to the Area competition.

This means that Westfield was eligible (as long as they didn't break the UIL 8-hour rule) to advance to Area/State this year so long as they also follow the UIL 8-hour rule next year.

Ok Westfield has just chosen to not get back into UIL. They havent followed the 8 hour rule since they dropped out of it and I dont really know if they are in the future. But all of this stuff about them being disqualified is so not right. They just arent doing UIL ok? They are a kick butt band as they are so..... In fact I think that they won Grand Nats their first year as a none UIL band.... So just lay off them ok?