• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahha, I'm guessing you are talking about us! yeah we have a clarinet solo that builds up into a huge jam section with the whole band, and ends with a high note held by the clarinet as the band runs wild and then a big note at the end.

haha. I love that.

do you think that one of y'all can somehow send me a copy of that sheet music? (clarinet solo from spring hs)

would be awesome

I was very surprised at the results...cuz i had heard so much about CP being really awesome...and then the woodlands, wow! they were really good...but those tree trunks thingys took up too much space.. i wanted to see more drill..but over all, i was liek WOW!! great job.

i was very impressed by all bands...it was a very compeitive Area...obvious reasons... :( . oh well.. i had fun

what is wrong w/ ppl's contest ediquette? i had like 5 ppl come up to me after area finals and ask me how it felt to know that our best wasn't good enough. how rude is that? and they were all from the same band.

and then some lady in the stands by my mom had something to say about everyone. why do ppl have to be so rude at contest? it's not everyone... but it shouldn't be anyone.

*cough*Brazoswood*cough*

I was very surprised at the results...cuz i had heard so much about CP being really awesome...and then the woodlands, wow! they were really good...but those tree trunks thingys took up too much space.. i wanted to see more drill..but over all, i was liek WOW!! great job.

i was very impressed by all bands...it was a very compeitive Area...obvious reasons... :( . oh well.. i had fun

i agree those tree trunks did take up alot of space.. and they were kind of distracting... i could hardly focus on the show cuz iwas looking around at all the things they had on the field ... not dissing or putting anyone down just it really distracted me

i agree those tree trunks did take up alot of space.. and they were kind of distracting... i could hardly focus on the show cuz iwas looking around at all the things they had on the field ... not dissing or putting anyone down just it really distracted me

agreed and the fact that the woodlands' band is humongous made everything seem kinda crowded......but it was still a cool show

i hate it that we didnt make it cause we gave up our homecoming night to try and make state but we didnt pull through it suckkkssssssssssssssss and it was my last time i just wish we did a little better than 9th

Some kid, sorry to be stern, but this comment was point less and you just made our band sound like were a bunch of whiny stuck up kids. I don't know about you, but i don't want to live up to the reputation that people give kids from the woodlands (the community, not the HS) of being stuck up assholes. Leave something more intelligent next time. And to the whole homecoming thing, yes, that sucked, and yes if your a Jr or Sr then it was your last time to go to state, but if your a Jr like i think you are, you have homecoming next year. I highly doubt that your a Sr seeing as we only have 6 in the band. Homecoming isn't that big of a deal. Yes it sucks that we lost because of a few bias judges, but really, it wasn't all a big waste. You obviously don't know how many bands don't make it to area. There's a lot. And then even more don't make it to finals at area. Yes we got in by the skin of our teeth, but we still made it. And on top of all that, how many band programs can say that they made it that far on their second year? Not many. Ill tell you right now that i think we got cheated on Saturday, but don't go make whiney post on the internet. You aren't cool, your aren't making a point, and it is really, really annoying. You can be mad all you want, but really, your not proving a single thing. So please, don't do that again. You make CP's reputation more like The woodlands by doing that (again, the community as a whole and not the woodlands HS).

Im sorry but how did College Park get cheated? I'm just curious...because your scores seem pretty even across the board...

i agree, unlike in prelims.

the prelim judging was all over the place.

has anyone seen the breakdown for that? one judge had us at 3 and another had us at 21...

top 3 were fairly consistant, but after that, it was chaotic.

out of 5 judges, 4 ranked Baytown Lee in the 20s while judge 3 ranked them at 6!

meh...life is unfair, we just gotta deal with it ;)

• 2 years later...