UIL 5A Area F 2024

Date: October 26

Well, Area F definitely surprised me in many ways this past season, like Birdville making state, CH and Azle not making state, Cleburne making finals, Arlington Heights placing way higher than expected, and Brewer and Burleson placing way lower than expected. Anyways, I think this will be the year that area F sends 5 bands to state due to Chisholm Trail, Fossil Ridge, and Paschal dropping to 5A. Southwest is dropping to 4A but the current 6A bands dropping make up for it. We would have 30 bands in area F next year, so if every band were to make 1's (which probably won't), there would be a maximum of 12 finalists and 6 state advancers. So we'll just go with the 10 and 5. I think there could be a mix up in the state advancers this year now with Fossil Ridge being in this area. I think they might use this (being dropped) to their advantage and return to the dome this year, but of course they'll need to get past Birdville, Richland, Centennial, and Aledo but I believe they will if they work hard enough.