Instrument/Equipment Trailer

The description says it all. How does your band move equipment and music instruments from your school to a contest or game? Does your band own a trailer, rents, etc.?

Also, do students or parent volunteers handle the instruments/equipment?

For my band, we have a 57' semi trailer and our own truck to pull it. The pit equipment is moved by parents, with the instruments, equipment, and props loaded and offloaded by a student crew.

We actually have 3 helicopters to load our stuff on to.

ROFL

we got a trailer 3 years ago but we still require another small rental truck to carry extra stuff

before the trialer we had 3 of those rental dealys

oh ya and the percussionists and parents move the stuff

Since about 95% of my band is Mexican or hispanic (myself included), we just stick with our customary travel measures and see how much people/equipment we can stuff in one bus. We are down to 3 buses for a 200+ member band, props, drumline equipment, front ensemble, and auxilary stuff. If we need more room, we just make the freshmen ride on the top of the bus.

Since about 95% of my band is Mexican or hispanic (myself included), we just stick with our customary travel measures and see how much people/equipment we can stuff in one bus. We are down to 3 buses for a 200+ member band, props, drumline equipment, front ensemble, and auxilary stuff. If we need more room, we just make the freshmen ride on the top of the bus.

So that's all the people in one bus and the other two are for equipment?

Heavens no! That wouldn't be safe. We put about 60-70 people on a bus and THEN we cram equipment in.

We Mexican folk are smarter than they give us credit for :D

Lmao, well the guy you are talking to is Mexican, so yeahh.... not sure h ow that works in.

Oh, and the freshmen come out of our wormholes, but they are too young sometimes to start with, and they travel so quickly that they come out as dying fetuses as they have traveled back in time.

Freshmen year we had an equipment bus for large instruments/guard stuff/battery instruments and another one for the pit. Now the pit gets a small truck with a motorized lift. Makes loading a heck of a lot easier, since the pit has to load their own stuff (although after performances the pit dads often help). We have a student loading crew that handles the stuff for the equipment bus.