1 The Academy 79.000

2 Impulse 60.850

DIVISION III

1 Gold 49.850

2 Mystikal 46.650

3 Jester 36.200

Senior Corps

1 Dream, Sr. 53.630

I am seriously thinking that the scores are inflated for California--maybe too many special brownies. But things should get sorted out when all the corps meet.

Edited by euro_euph06

I was looking at the score sheets for the last two contests (6/24 and 6/25) and the Bluecoats' percussion has beat the Cavaliers' percussion both times! They're obviously creeping up in the overall score as well. Is the Bluecoats' percussion really that good? Are the Bluecoats in general that good? I love both of these corps, but I think the Bluecoats are for real!

Oh...and what about The Academy? I'm not too familiar with them...nor am I familiar with how the scores work in comparing the divisions. Does their score really mean that they beat Santa Clara?

QUOTE (VRHSRangerTBone @ Jun 26 2006, 01:35 AM)
Oh...and what about The Academy?  I'm not too familiar with them...nor am I familiar with how the scores work in comparing the divisions.  Does their score really mean that they beat Santa Clara?

I saw the Academy on Saturday in California and they were fantastic. They shouldn't have a hard time winning the Division II Championships this year but....

No, you can't compare scores between divisions.

The Division I and Division II/III judging sheets are extremely different.

QUOTE (Keyboard_Countessa @ Jun 26 2006, 06:12 PM)
So Bluecoats' percussion has been beating the Cavaliers? As a percussionist and a hard-core Cavies fan, I find this intriguing. How much of these scores are determined by battery performance and how much by pit? I've never seen much of the Bluecoats, but I know that the Cavaliers' pit has a very good reputation.

The Cavaliers and Bluecoats percussion sections are fantastic this year.

I find myself enjoying the Cavaliers book more. Also, keep in mind that the brand new Cavaliers percussion staff have been together for only several months. It's going to take some time for everything to gel. Once all is said and done...I expect the Cavaliers to be in contention for the percussion title this year. Jim Casella and crew wrote an outstanding book.

The Bluecoats percussion are deserving of their success though. They're sound great...picking up where they left off last year.

An FYI: The Bluecoats percussion staff is made up of the old Cavaliers staff of Mike McIntosh, Brett Kuhn and etc.