so i got a copy of it but...

im having trouble actually writing music

is there a way i can get a staff or something lol

can i get more instruments?

is there a way i can write the music in finale and render the midi in FL Studio?

and tutorials are welcome

thanks

FL is a bit more technical at first than other music composition software setups. Check out this getting started guide; FL Getting Started Guide. You don't use a staff, you use the 'piano roll', which basically looks like a 10 or 11 octave piano with a grid next to it divided into 16th notes. It's really pretty self-explanatory. Anyways, check out the geting started guide and also look at the included sample projects (they're in the folder FL->data->projects->cool stuff).

hgfjhsdfjf

• 3 weeks later...

Edirol Orchestral for band stuff... Hypersonic for various other synths (a number of really good drum kits there).... I've heard Zeta is a good all around synth... oh, and this comes with FL, but I would read up on sytrus and play around with it alot- you can get some really cool sounds out of that thing.

OPENER

• 3 months later...

Sytrus is amazing, I bought FL Producer edition, but haven't spent the $150+ to get sytrus officially, but what you can do is make songs with sytrus on, render them as mp3s with them, but then just replace them with a free channel when you save them. Check out some of my stuff using FL if you want: Here

I've been at it for almost a year now, just toy around and learn FL yourself is the best way.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...