double on instruments

as yall may know i play bass clarinet

i have a younger brother (going into his 3rd year in band) who plays alto sax

i pick it up and play random stuff every once in a while (dont exactly know the fingerings and such..but ya)

----------------------

how many ppl here double on instruments?

like clarinet and sax or something

(not like clarinet and bass clarinet which both have same fingerings)

I play Bb clarinet, but I REALLY want to tryout on 5A Eb clarinet next year. I figure that since we're forced to tryout on the 5A track next year and it will be my last chance to make state...ever. But then again, I know that only one Eb clarinet from each area (at least mine..I'm not sure about others) makes it to state and if someone else from my region decides to tryout, then I run the risk of not even making region. Aggh, I dunno what to do about that, but I'll attempt to practice on the Eb this summer if I can manage to get one

^not all regions allow multiple instruments - i know mine doesnt or id tryout on clarinet, eb, alto clar, contra-alto

plus eb and Bb - meh kinda same instrument there

but Ttrumpet - thats cool play alto sax and trumpet

imma try to learn alto sax this summer

plus eb and Bb - meh kinda same instrument there

Kind of, but Eb is in a different key (I know you're thinking "Duh") and it's harder to play since it's so small. And to the person who suggested I tryout on both, I don't think my region allows it. I believe the only time you can tryout on two instruments is on oboe/English Horn since some kid did it a couple of years ago from my school.

• 2 weeks later...

yea i think youre only allowed to try out on one instrument in region 19 as for the oboe/Eng. I dunno..but it would be hard doing both bass and Bb..learning 6 pieces of music and getting it all perfect is too time consuming lol but anyway, I play bass clarinet for region/area and for concert ensembles, clarinet and bass for orchestra, and i play piccolo pretty well B)