Area E 6A 2023

Jadyn

5 hours ago, oneleggedmarcher said:

Not from this area, but it’s not at all sportsmanlike to crap on another band and their members, they likely put in just as much work as you have. Calling a show “boring” is insulting to anybody.

I obsessed over Clements performance back in 2013 when i watched them at Sam Houston. On the counter, I’ve never heard of a school called Elkins. By no means am i throwing hate towards your school, i just don’t think it is courteous to say words to any organization and it isn’t polite for me to say these things either. May the placements be accurate.

This matter seems personal.. take it elsewhere.

You might have never heard of Elkins before but you will certainly know them after area on Saturday

3 hours ago, TheSV-001Gamer said:

I feel like the region was a bit more strict this year. 5A bands like Lamar, and Terry who usually advance did not, because of getting 2s. It might of been cause of the judging, not 100 percent sure. 

That would make sense, I know one of the judges was Daniel Galloway, who used to teach at Clements.

11 minutes ago, Ssv.txbands said:

no, I go to Caldwell High School. Elkins came to one of our competitions and did amazing. It was at the Brazos valley marching festival. 

I don't think you have seen the Clements band perform in person then; they have an energy to their performance unparalleled by Elkins in my opinion. I would go so far to even say that they have a chance against Pearland this year with their exhilarating performance. 

Finals

1. Clements

2. Dickinson

3. Pearland

4. Elkins

5. Dawson

6. SFA

7. Shadow Creek

8. Clear Brook

9. Brazoswood

10. Dulles

Going off what I said earlier, I feel like Clements really has a chance this year. I think Dickinson is also improving at a great pace, and will show a good performance this year. While I don't agree that Elkins will be better than Clements, I do feel like they have a good show this year, and they have a chance at making state. 

9 minutes ago, bandkid21 said:

Finals

1. Clements

2. Dickinson

3. Pearland

4. Elkins

5. Dawson

6. SFA

7. Shadow Creek

8. Clear Brook

9. Brazoswood

10. Dulles

Going off what I said earlier, I feel like Clements really has a chance this year. I think Dickinson is also improving at a great pace, and will show a good performance this year. While I don't agree that Elkins will be better than Clements, I do feel like they have a good show this year, and they have a chance at making state. 

respectfully clements is seeded 6th after losing to clear brook last week and will likely have to fight for a spot at state top 5 are going to be 

1.Pearland

2.Dawson

3.Dickinson

4.SFA

5.Clear Brook

6-7. Clements or Bwood

8.Elkins

9.Shadow creek

10. up for grabs

12 minutes ago, bandkid21 said:

Finals

1. Clements

2. Dickinson

3. Pearland

4. Elkins

5. Dawson

6. SFA

7. Shadow Creek

8. Clear Brook

9. Brazoswood

10. Dulles

Pearland are definitely gonna win. Clements is gonna place probably somewhere from 6-10, same for Elkins, and I don't think Dulles will make finals, when there are way better bands like Pasadena Memorial and Clear Falls.

8 minutes ago, suslordmat said:

respectfully clements is seeded 6th after losing to clear brook last week and will likely have to fight for a spot at state top 5 are going to be 

1.Pearland

2.Dawson

3.Dickinson

4.SFA

5.Clear Brook

6-7. Clements or Bwood

8.Elkins

9.Shadow creek

10. up for grabs

didnt a tuba and a drumline player trip and fall in their finals performance at gulf coast lol? this years area is pretty unpredictable to the point where we could see jumps in placement. who knows where clear brook or dickinson or clements could show up, nothing is decided until finals night and bands could have really good runs or pretty bad runs.

Just now, BladeIsEz said:

didnt a tuba and a drumline player trip and fall in their finals performance at gulf coast lol? this years area is pretty unpredictable to the point where we could see jumps in placement. who knows where clear brook or dickinson or clements could show up, nothing is decided until finals night and bands could have really good runs or pretty bad runs.

talking abt clear brook finals btw

1 minute ago, Saw said:

Interesting that no one thinks any clear creek isd schools are going to make it other than clear brook.

this area is an absolute bloodbath, and going off of schools that have historically made it in the past, there havent been any other ccisd schools that have advanced to state recently. would be cool to see clear springs or clear lake up there though

1 Pearland

2 Dawson

3-4 Dickinson and Clearbrook

5-7 Bwood, SFA, and Clements

It’ll be a fun finals I’ll be sorry to miss! It seems like there are a lot more bands putting out great sounding and looking shows. I think there will be some very good bands outside finals. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at every contest I’ve attended this year. Good luck to everyone! 

Yes, I definitely agree that this year has a lot of potential for each of the bands; it all depends on their specific performance at finals which is hard to tell. I put Clements as first and I stand by it for this reason, I have heard their band director is very charismatic and uplifting for these situations in the past. I hope to see some great performances!

14 minutes ago, bandkid21 said:

Yes, I definitely agree that this year has a lot of potential for each of the bands; it all depends on their specific performance at finals which is hard to tell. I put Clements as first and I stand by it for this reason, I have heard their band director is very charismatic and uplifting for these situations in the past. I hope to see some great performances!

Edit: I did not realize Clements band has a new head band director. I apologize, please disregard all of my previous comments. 

In this current standpoint, I think that Clements has a chance at state, competing toe to toe with Elkins for 4th place.

5 minutes ago, bandkid21 said:

Edit: I did not realize Clements band has a new head band director. I apologize, please disregard all of my previous comments. 

In this current standpoint, I think that Clements has a chance at state, competing toe to toe with Elkins for 4th place.

Their current band director was the past assistant band director from 2002-2019 and became the head director when the old band director for Clements moved to Jordan High School when it opened in 2020. Also, the current (new ig) band director is an Alumni from Clements, so he really cares for the band and the school. He was head band director in 2021 when Clements got third at area.

1 hour ago, Lorenzo_Sax said:

Can someone help me out, what’s the difference of judging like BOA and UIL 

To extend upon what he said 

Music judges judge by

Ensemble 

Winds (which are woodwinds I think)

Brass

Percussion

Content

They come up with a total from those four after getting an average and that's their placement for it 

Visual judges judge by

Individuals

Ensemble 

Content

Add em up and average them 

As he said it's mostly about execution and cleanliness. That's why it matters so much for a clean run, because you can't have percussion messing up, or brass messing up, it could hurt the average. You could have a high Content, but low brass or percussion scores. Individuals matter so much visually too while the Ensemble and Content could be high the Individual score could be low. Focus and thinking matters a lot while performing, and could be the factor of making state or being right off.