Texas Marching Classic

Quick recap of what I saw:

Leander: Looks like this year is Leander's year in LISD. The show is non-stop with smooth transitions from percussion to woodwinds to brass while the guard is giving a constant reminder of what is going on with all the different color flags. What a statement by winning all 5 captions. Can't wait to see where this ends up in San Antonio. Possibly a score over 90?

Cedar Park: Interesting result here seeing CP barely overtake Vandegrift thanks to a tie-breaker score despite coming behind them the past two weeks at BOA Austin and Vista Ridge. The sounds of the brass were so pure, especially during the Mozart section. Loved the full bells being made at the end. I expect them to once again compete for a finals spot in San Antonio.

Vandegrift: You know a school district runs deep when the defending champ is behind two other schools in their own district. Great addition to the show with the final guard change that fills up the field. Copland music is a challenge to sound great on, but I am sure these guys can reach that level. Tough pill to swallow dropping a place based on a GE tiebreak.

Clements: Just like last year, Clements looked very clean out there with their visual ensemble. It may be just hearing the echo but I heard a slight timing issue during the Romeo and Juliet section in the music. This was more in the prelims than in finals though. The singer was a nice addition when she was used. On a side note, I really liked the contrast of the uniforms. Kinda Reagan like.

Westwood: Cool use of the word "four" throughout the show from the golf theme to the four seasons, four Scottish dances and Symphony four at the end. A little cleaner visually and I can see this show challenging for one of the last spots in Area D.

Cedar Ridge(Exhibition): Lots of improvement from BOA Austin. From a visual standpoint it is getting very clean. Great transitions from the singer to the band. Would not be surprised if they run away with BOA SoCal. 

Overall, despite the rain delay, it was a great contest and I am glad it was able to happen.