Trombones

mindfulmusician

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I'm a trombonist!! I'm like a paradox, I'm a non-lazy trombonist, and I spend like all of my time trying to convince the rest of my section to not be lazy... Doesn't work too well though.

And as for slides falling off, it's like impossible for me. I haven't lubricated my marching horn's slide since the 6th grade (I'm in 11th now), and i have a dent in the slide right near the end of it that makes it stop right around 7th position, so I'm all set

Your right! you are a paradox, not lazy, yet you havn't lubed your slide in 5 years! (you'd think it'd be a bit stiff.....)

• 4 weeks later...
We only have 12 total, 9 marching this year. 4 Seniors, 1 Junior, 1 Sophomore, and 6 freshmenz. :/

Its gotten smaller this year

1 Senior

1 Junior

3-4 Sophmores (we think 1 might of been kicked out of band)

4 Freshmen

Hopfully the new batch of Freshmen for next year is a decent sized one =/

And as for the slide thing,i use a school's horn (Jame's old one for any LHS Tbone member who knows him) and it sticks at 3/4 position =P i wont lose it

But i have had a fellow freshman get his spit valve stuck in my plume before..almost took my shako off my head..

Its gotten smaller this year

1 Senior

1 Junior

3-4 Sophmores (we think 1 might of been kicked out of band)

4 Freshmen

Hopfully the new batch of Freshmen for next year is a decent sized one =/

And as for the slide thing,i use a school's horn (Jame's old one for any LHS Tbone member who knows him) and it sticks at 3/4 position =P i wont lose it

But i have had a fellow freshman get his spit valve stuck in my plume before..almost took my shako off my head..

How did you get James' horn?

• 2 weeks later...
lol, im not a trombone player but i think there awesome. Have any one you ever lost your slide on the field?... lmao. I saw someone do that and it was freakin funny.

That sounds like our section. at my schooll you see random slides in awkward places. The disrespect for the instrument makes me wanna cry inside but at the same time the absolute randomness makes me feel at home

• 10 months later...

hey im also a good lazy trombone player lol.....im a sophmore and once before a show at a game i had to tie my shoes so i was trying to hold the horn with one hand and tie my shoes with the other and then i dropped my horn.....good thing we were on the track and my director didnt hear it lol.......

PS:has a guard member ever hit your slide with rifle flag etc. while marching?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...