Trombones

mindfulmusician

and then also my sister played the trombone and she went over for hey band and while she was gone her section filled her horn with water and when she got back she had to bring her horn up fast so she didnt notice the extra weight and when she tried to play water shot through her bell all over the people in front of her

THAT SOUNDS FUN... note to self pull this on procrastinating section leader...

I once dropped my slide on the field, and it happened to be my first football game. it was 2 years ago (my freshman year) and the brass and woodwinds were meshing together and pulling apart and a sax player hit the back of my trombone and knocked my slide off. it took about 2 pages to get it back on. it sucked. also, later that same year, i was running across the field to get to a set and pulled a superman. my horn went flying and it skidded about 15 yards. i myself went about 5 yards. it hurt, but only a screw came out from my trigger and there was some scratches on my bone. i also (that same year, what horrible luck) fused my horn together by accidentally slamming it against the ground.

Our trompones are anything but slackers. The section leader is a 3 time All-State Trombone (will be 4 years after this year) and they play all the solos in the stands on friday nights. 6 of them even play exit music after our show this year. They are the only section to actually win section of the week this year as well. The best section in our band by far.

We are a combination of slackers and the most hardcore section. Lately its been more of the latter. We put all our cases and water on the opposite side of the field(well till today when one got ran over...) as a way to build up the unity of the section. And therefore have had to run the length of the field to the back sidelines for water breaks and still manage to be the first section back on the field most of the time.

We are a combination of slackers and the most hardcore section. Lately its been more of the latter. We put all our cases and water on the opposite side of the field(well till today when one got ran over...) as a way to build up the unity of the section. And therefore have had to run the length of the field to the back sidelines for water breaks and still manage to be the first section back on the field most of the time.

Um, at least you get a water break.. We don't get one anymore. We haven't gotton one for weeks.. But I had a camel back so =/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah... justa little strange.

Dude, I tried playing on of the bass bone etudes on my friends bass bone, it was ccrazzzy. When I was waiting at region, I was talking to some bass bones, and one of them had a very acurate description of it. He said "It's like someone took a shotgun and shot a peice of paper, and then said Hey! Let's make it an etude out of this. I had to share that. I thought it was hilarious.

He said "It's like someone took a shotgun and shot a peice of paper, and then said Hey! Let's make it an etude out of this. I had to share that. I thought it was hilarious.

Ironicly thats what one of our Bass Bones said i personally thought a cat was playing with a cat nip ball on a piano and someone decided to make an etude out of it

• 1 month later...
Ironicly thats what one of our Bass Bones said i personally thought a cat was playing with a cat nip ball on a piano and someone decided to make an etude out of it

a lot of etudes sound like that.

back again to the slide conversation. I never have to use a slide. we use baritones. That way we don't bang into people when we're two inches apart.