Smallests bands to make texas BOA regional finals

from the late nineties to 2011, my high school marching band was nationally recognized for making finals at every boa contest we went to and we had a decently large band program with over 100 winds every year. In 2012 our old directors quit and we barely squeezed into Conroe finals and did not make san Antonio finals. This year we are going back to boa Conroe, but our directors primary focus is to make state uil. We also only have 70 winds. Last year we had 74 but made the top 7 at all our contests and almost won at friendswood. IS making Conroe finals possible with only 70 winds?

from the late nineties to 2011, my high school marching band was nationally recognized for making finals at every boa contest we went to and we had a decently large band program with over 100 winds every year. In 2012 our old directors quit and we barely squeezed into Conroe finals and did not make san Antonio finals. This year we are going back to boa Conroe, but our directors primary focus is to make state uil. We also only have 70 winds. Last year we had 74 but made the top 7 at all our contests and almost won at friendswood. IS making Conroe finals possible with only 70 winds?

While there are several examples of small bands finding success in the BOA arena, the most applicable would be Vandegrift at 2010 BOA The Woodlands (now BOA Conroe, although in the same stadium). They had about as many winds as you guys (maybe even less) and managed to place 3rd in finals over The Woodlands and other great, well-established bands. SFA has definitely seen some rough times over the past few years, but I'm sure Chreste knows exactly what to do to squeeze maximum results out of limited resources. Vandegrift succeeded because of high individual execution and great ensemble coordination. Numbers allow you to hide mistakes so you guys at SFA just need to remember that every member matters. 

And if it doesn't happen this year, it will eventually. It's been about 8 or 9 years since I've been *excited* to see an SFA show, and I proudly say that I'm looking forward to how Bob Chreste shapes the program in his image.