Hello guys.

I've heard that there will be six (!!) bands preparing for the Grand Nationals, including CTJ.

Not only that, one will be making their Grand Nats debut.

:rolleyes:

I think you meant other than CTJ, one will be making a debut. I remember hearing from a Hebron student that they'll be going next year...not really confirmed though. (Edit: Student said that he hopes they'll go. No actual word on whether they will or not; Either way, I wouldn't be surprised if they give it a go.)

As for L.D. Bell, they've gone six years in a row. I was thinking that Bell would eventually take a year off since it would get strenuous to pay for GN every year...though I have to say, I'll miss seeing them there :(

Even without Bell, it looks like Texas will be well represented next year!

Edited by Mellophone77

:rolleyes:

I think you meant other than CTJ, one will be making a debut. I remember hearing from a Hebron student that they'll be going next year...not really confirmed though.

As for L.D. Bell, they've gone six years in a row. I was thinking that Bell would eventually take a year off since it would get strenuous to pay for GN every year...though I have to say, I'll miss seeing them there :(

Even without Bell, it looks like Texas will be well represented next year!

My bad :wacko: I'll get it changed.

Who I think/want/have heard rumors of returning:

Hebron/Berkner

The Woodlands

Bowie

CTJ

Marcus

Spring

Hebron OR Berkner, it's really a toss-up between the two. Maybe both? that would be so cool! Both have potential to do great.

The Woodlands: Every other year since 1998 (Minus 2000, and consecutive 2006-2007). I think they are pretty much a sure shot for entering in 2011. Think we can save them a spot in finals, too.

Bowie: 2006 & 2009, so maybe a three year rotation? I haven't really heard anything about them going, but I just really want them to. It was amazing their improvement from 2009-2010!!! Please...? haha.

CTJ: Confirmed that they are going. I'm excited for them :)

Marcus: Why would they NOT go?!?! It's a non-state year so they would basically be wasting their talent by ending the season at San Antonio. I also agree with all the buzz on the MFA Forums that they have potential to take it all if they do in fact make the trip.

Spring: Don't think anybody could have really guessed this....but it sure is exciting. Here's a post from Balash on the MFA Forums

one, not for some time. Hint: [they are a] pretty decent playing band, middle of the road visually, though.

Does that not sound like Spring to you?!?! After a 9 year break, could they really be returning? It sure seems that way to me. Unless you guys have any other groups that could fit that description.

Edited by mellopwn1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm so stoked that CTJ is going. I have been a fan of their shows since the beginning and it's nice to see them start to own. I think they'll be/are the new Reagan.

i disagree, i think CTJ is it's own new image.

i'm very thrilled they've come up so fast just like Reagan, but i think Reagan and CTJ will eventually come up higher and maybe dominate? who knows..

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so stoked that CTJ is going. I have been a fan of their shows since the beginning and it's nice to see them start to own. I think they'll be/are the new Reagan.

We're a less creepy/dark version of Reagan, imo. And we're nicer. Lots nicer. :) Not that Reagan kids are mean, but CTJ kids are nicer. :P

And I promise...you'll love our show this year. :) It's fantastic.