Lone Star Classic Drumline Competition

Yeah, I saw Martin's show from the contest, and they definitely have a good program and executed their music well. It's real interesting to look at those scores and figure the final results just by glance, especially for Round Rock, considering 50% of their scores were in the 4-7 area. Also, Johnson deserved second, however a penalty prohibited that. And it seems like McIntosh didn't like Round Rock nearly as much as he did in '07 either, he gave their reptr the 6th place score when I think it's fair to say they had the most technically demanding material there, battery and pit-wise.

Yea, after seeing the Martin show, I find it hard to understand how they received first place rankings in repertoire from two of the judges. The only semi-difficult music was their last movement. All of it was executed very well (minus some blaring errors) and the Execution score definitely deserved.

And Lake Highlands in second? What?

Round Rock always wins the cymbal caption. (I'm jealous!) I've been the past several years and they've always been good, but this year they really stood out to me. Their visuals and crashes looked real clean and on point this year. To me, the visuals made a lot of sense with the music. They don't use the typical visuals that all lines do. I love that! And when they played by themselves, I'm speechless. Congrats Round Rock! Whoever their director is has done a great job with them this year. I wish our cymbal line was just like them!!!!!

Round Rock always wins the cymbal caption. (I'm jealous!) I've been the past several years and they've always been good, but this year they really stood out to me. Their visuals and crashes looked real clean and on point this year. To me, the visuals made a lot of sense with the music. They don't use the typical visuals that all lines do. I love that! And when they played by themselves, I'm speechless. Congrats Round Rock! Whoever their director is has done a great job with them this year. I wish our cymbal line was just like them!!!!!

Yea, the had a really good run on Saturday. They've gotten the cymbal caption every single time they've attended, which is the last 5 years.

Edited by drummerjoe