Grand Nationals Day 1

My personal top 15 from Thursday today. WITH SCORES! :)

1) 93.65 - Lawrence Central

2) 93.60 - Marcus

3) 90.55 - Carmel

4) 89.90 - Center Grove

5) 88.30 - Centerville

6) 87.55 - West Johnston

7) 87.40 - Wando

8) 85.80 - Ben Davis

9) 85.15 - William Mason

10) 84.70 - Lake Central

11) 84.45 - Lafayette

12) 84.20 - Reeths-Puffer

13) 82.20 - Lake Park

14) 81.85 - Walled Lake Central

15) 79.55 - North Hardin

Before you all go calling me a Indiana homer let me explain first why Lawrence is EVER so slightly above Marcus.

First off, Marcus is going to win music this year. No question. If they don't, it's going to be a freaking travesty. They should break the record for highest music score in finals. No doubt in my mind.

Now when it comes to Visual and GE, there is where it can get tricky.

Marcus executes their show at a very high level. However, IN MY OPINION, the design and demand (Visually) of the show is not there. They perform the heck out of it and it is clean clean clean. However, Lawrence Central's show has a bit more to it. The drill design is about the same but the guard work is on a completely different level. So that helps put them over on visual. Then it goes down to GE. GE is the most subjective thing to judge and is very much left to ones own opinion. But Lawrence Central's show design is, again IN MY OPINION, deeper than Marcus's visually. Music GE is a subject to debate. But as you can see, I had them by each other in the closest possible margin possible.

Certainly, things could change from day to day and these places could easily switch. It has been a very exciting first day and absolutely LOVE Marcus's show. (THANK YOU FOR COMING TO GN!) Tomorrow is going to be another great day. Some other great surprises was Walled Lake Central (Spy Games...fun fun show and the guard sells it), West Johnston (seeing your score from earlier this year didn't expect much but then you went out and played! Plus you played music from the recent Star Trek movie!!!), William Mason (expected a good show but you just improved even more from last year..keep it up), and finally Wando (while the show design lacks a tad, the music makes up for it in a rich dark sound. Beautiful).