people wanna talk

trumpet 007

• 2 weeks later...

We dance around when we play like rap songs on our drums. Its really funny because all the "gangsta" ppl who LOVE the movie drumline ( why they like it I don't know ) freak out and like dance around too. Then we make fun of them when they leave. We were tracking the other day and all these ppl started following us and dancing around like idiots. Does stuff like this happen to anyone else here?

I'm not sure if our band has always done this and I just never noticed or if it's a new trend, but a lot of the different sections in the band have special dances they do for drum cadences. The sousas do a sort of swing thing, the flutes row their flutes (think rowboats) or do "the shower", the color guard has hand motions, the trumpets/mellos have a weird version of the Macarena, and some of the saxes just spaz out.

And one of our lovely and talented drum majors has a very "unique" conducting style for when we play Shout it Out... the football team loves it. ^_^