Crew/Water/Uniform/Librarians

Silme

So I'm in CREW... (people who set stuff up) and I'm going to the band hall tomorrow for like a work day. I have a feeling I'll be moving smelly, mildewed, year-old water bottles out of the attic. Does anybody want one?

P.S. Any tips, pointers, hilarious experiences while doing this stuff?

Haha, I'm on uniform crew and I'm an honorary librarian, and today we had to go and get all the uniforms back together from going to the cleaners.

We were making people try on other people's pants. It was quite amusing.

Also, one day I was hanging out in the library, which has a whiteboard. We were drawing funny pictures of people on it, and then our band director (Wessels) comes in. He drew this really reallllly funny picture of himself, with a five o'clock shadow and a tux on. I think its still up, too. :lol:

Also, one day I was hanging out in the library, which has a whiteboard. We were drawing funny pictures of people on it, and then our band director (Wessels) comes in. He drew this really reallllly funny picture of himself, with a five o'clock shadow and a tux on. I think its still up, too. :lol:

Yep...we erased everything else, but we left Wessels!

but yay librarians!

tip: don't make 40 extra copies of something! oops...

I used to be a librarian, and I'm still kinda an honorary librarian. My director came up to me and one of my friends at the end of freshman year and said "Anna, I want you to be librarian next year." Well we're both Annas and we didnt know who he was talking to so we both ended up being librarians. Now we're both DMs. ^_^

Being in uniform crew is a blast, you are the first to leave the bus. You get to get new gloves whenever you want.

Free pizza and breakfast..and you get to climb a tall latter.

Plus it adds more points on getting your letter jacket.

Hilarious experience...Not really.

I think its funny when someone accidentally gives a large person a small uniform..and these people are dumb enough to come out and be like.... Does this fit?

Oh well, its great.

SHANNON, WHY DIDN'T YOU ASK ME?!?!? I know better than most how all the gross crue jobs work, and the best methods. I'm surprised you didn't utilize my knowledge!

EDIT: Also... speaking of grotesque and hilarious experiences in the attic... Yea, lots of year old, probably 3, 4, 10 year old water bottles up there, but I would have to say that the most fun (and I use that word EXCEEDINGLY loosely) would either have to be moving 30 or so 60 pound boxes of tiles across the attic, or moving those massive mats that the guard used like 15 years ago. I swear, those mats weigh at least 200 pounds.

If you need any more "encouragement" for your new job, let me know =D

Also, if there are any more work days, I have a lot of pent-up energy, so let me know, and I will gladly come up and help.

• 4 weeks later...

So this thread was dead for about two weeks, until I came along and decided to bring this back up...

Apparently none of our previous librarians had done any work, other than make copies and pass out music. We didn't realize this until our band directors asked us to alphabetize ALL of the music. And by all of the music, I mean we had over 600 pieces. Thanks, former librarians!!

The beautiful, alphabetized PHS library!! (Later we labeled where all the letters started and ended.)n1555110019_30129563_8134.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ah guard floor mats. Imagine pulling them through a doorway that it doesn't fit through, getting you finger smashed between it and a bar between the doors, and still having to practice, fun stuff.

Librarian here, third year! Yeah, I just hate when people make copies, but don't put the originals in the right place, or throw away perfectly fine copies that they could've just archived. Or making a million copies because they didn't check the number on there beforehand. Although, I've done that many times, usually I stop it before it reaches 10, but some people will just sit there and watch 2 Millions copies of Hey Baby for piccolo (that specific incident hasn't ever happened, but people do just watch it...)

Man we still need to clean the library some more...

My tip for librarians: put up signs to let you know where the original, drill, region, and such are. It doesn't make it that much faster, but a little.

one of our directors wants us to alphebetize the library this year. (We have a number system now) which just sounds like soo much fun. We're redoing the way we have solo and ensemble music in the shelves. Instead of the folders that we have now (where people put music in the wrong folder) we're using magazine boxes, and we're the only ones allowed to go through them. (yay!)

Apparently the choir people at our school can't figure out how to use the copier. Whenever we go in there after them, they've always messed it up!

Yay librarians! :D

• 1 month later...

My Sophomore year i was the assistant Uniform manager.. and there is always something that will take you by suprise... First football game that year... I'm waiting by the cages all by my lonesome... then its 5 minutes untill inspection and i'm like wow i guess everyone has every thing... Four min... One comes up "Do you have my gauntlets?" uhmmm No have you checked your bag "UHHH NO" Well, thats normally were they are... Three minutes... Have you seen my hat?... Two minutes... "My jacket feels really big is this right?" NO "and My bibbers are too small" Sorry Bobby you have Katrinas Bibs... One minute... "I NEVER ORDERED MARCHING SHOES." Sorry?! WHAT?!?...

But outside of Marching season i'm either a small part in the guard show, in the JV guard, or on the infamous Floor Crew... and I love it its like Marching season... without heat and a really heavy traveling football field ^_^ i dunno i just love that! ^_^