SCV Visual Caption Head

QuadraticBeats

From the Vanguard website (SCV Website)

The Santa Clara Vanguard is excited to announce the addition of Sly Sybilski and Tommy Keenum to the Vanguard Team. Sly Sybilski takes over responsibilities as the Visual Caption Head. Tommy Keenum of the Band Hall has joined the Design Team as a Consultant for the 2007 season.

Sylvester (Sly) Sybilski - Sly has an extensive pageantry history, most recently with The Cavaliers where he taught the activity how to be technically proficient while performing state of the art visual design. Sly's talent and passion for the activity are a perfect match for SCV. Sly was a member of the Vanguard brass staff in 1996 and we are excited about his return to the SCV staff.

Sylvester was the Visual Caption Head for the Cavaliers since 1998. A friend of mine in my high school band is going to be marching Contra for SCV this year. He says that all visual aspects are being changed from the past- even marching style is up in the air right now.

What I believe this will result in- a 3rd place finish for Cavies for the first time since 1999, as well as a revitalized SCV- the level of drill they do is comparable with the Cavaliers, but it seems like Vanguard has had issues pulling it off (as you might be able to tell by the brass sounds they make while marching). Sybilski will probably change that.