4. The Woodlands

3. Kennesaw Mountain

2. LD Bell

1. Broken Arrow

"Al Castronovo" Esprit de Corps Award - Plymouth Canton Ed. Park

Music - LD Bell

Visual - Lawrence Central

G.E - Broken Arrow

Despite their success, I would feel bad to be a part of Bell's band this year...they had two "shortcomings" of finishing second in the two most important contests in the nation (yes, UIL is that important :P). Of course, finishing second at these contests is not a shortcoming in the least bit, but I am sure they felt like they had an unstoppable band with the show they were pulling this year.

Congrats to them on a great year and once again representing this state very well.

Since Bell is a band of trends though, they will definitely win it next year...just look at their records for UIL and BOA.

UIL: 2000 champ, 2002 silver, 2004 champ, 2006 silver, 2008 (will be champ :D)

BOA: 2005 3rd place, 2006 2nd place, 2007 (it's only logical to assume what will happen)

I vaguely remember seeing Broken Arrow from somewhere...

Does anyone know if they attended BOA Super Regionals in 2003? Or was that Owasso?

Anyway, congrats to Broken Arrow.

LD Bell, Woodlands, and Winston Churchill; you represented Texas in the highest standard. I hope for the best in the coming years.

Add James Bowie to that.

i wouldnt feel sorry for being in bells band ever. i mean ya they had short comings but they also got some good wins at least they competed and all that good junk and didnt get knocked out in the first round or something

The only band I feel truly sorry for is Avon. Can you imagine going from 2nd place, within striking distance of the National Championship......then hearing your name announced 7th? I don't care where you're from, that bus ride back would be the longest of any band.

The only band I feel truly sorry for is Avon. Can you imagine going from 2nd place, within striking distance of the National Championship......then hearing your name announced 7th? I don't care where you're from, that bus ride back would be the longest of any band.

That sounds kind of like our area contest.... :unsure:

I can relate to that....it sucks.

ok now if i was them i would feel bad i mean 2nd to 7th ugh that would tear me apart

You can't really compare between competitions. And yes, I knew that Westfield got 2nd at Houston and 12th and San Antonio. And yes, I knew you would say that.

why couldn't you? Can you really say that it was reasonable for Westfield to be .5 behind Reagan then at the next competition be 5 points behind them???

that's besides the point anyways...all im saying is that Avon shouldn't be feeling bad at all because others had it worse and they made finals which is a big accomplishment to obtain. No need for them to hold their heads down...just look forward to the future now because that's all we can worry about now.

why couldn't you? Can you really say that it was reasonable for Westfield to be .5 behind Reagan then at the next competition be 5 points behind them???

that's besides the point anyways...all im saying is that Avon shouldn't be feeling bad at all because others had it worse and they made finals which is a big accomplishment to obtain. No need for them to hold their heads down...just look forward to the future now because that's all we can worry about now.

The reason you can't compare scores between competitions is because there's nothing similar about any competition. Different judges, different days, different bands. THAT'S why you can't compare scores.

And sure, diminish Avon's feelings because Westfield dropped between different competitions. For you to say that they shouldn't feel bad because "other bands have had it worse" is pretty insulting.

You are right about one thing, though. Suck it up and go on.