College

Nancy08

Very nice. :lol: I was actually thinking about going to Wash U until a friend told me it wasn't that great a place...but I'd like to go up there seeing as how I'm actually from Missouri...

yeah, i 've heard that too, i prefer Rice if i can get in = stay in Houston

anyone considering .... Harvard: the Rice of the North :lol:

I'm in the middle of applying to UT right now (my top choice, Hook em Horns!), but I'm also going to apply to Sam Houston (go Bearkats!), UTSA, and UH. I might even hang around my house and go to San Jac (a junior college) and finish up the credits I've already started and save $$$ (also, if i stay in band, I get help with books and stuff). All I'm certain about is that I'm majoring in history education..w00t

UT totally turned me off when they came to the school. The guy reping them was sooo arrogant. He basically told me me the UT was so good they didn't have to give scholarships because people just come to them. I'm sorry, but no matter how good you are, I'd rather not pay thousands of dollars to go to one school, when others are offering me thousands to go there...

UT totally turned me off when they came to the school.  The guy reping them was sooo arrogant.  He basically told me me the UT was so good they didn't have to give scholarships because people just come to them.  I'm sorry, but no matter how good you are, I'd rather not pay thousands of dollars to go to one school, when others are offering me thousands to go there...

While my SAT scores are decent, they aren't the best (timed test anxiety, ya know) so I don't have colleges in the state that are offering me thousands of dollars to go to their school. I have, however, been getting a lot of mail from Mississippi State University...and I'm not considering an out-of-state college. Texas is home for me!

Oh, and LHS, you're awesome too! GO C-NETS!! :)