More Crossmen Staff News.

Moose

Eric Carraway holds a Bachelors degree in Music Education from Kent State University (Ohio) and a Masters degree in Percussion Performance from the University of Texas at Austin.

Prior to moving to central Texas, Mr. Carraway worked for several Ohio band programs as a percussion instructor and private lesson teacher. In 2003 Mr. Carraway moved to Austin to accept a graduate assistantship in percussion at the University of Texas. While working on his Masters degree, Mr. Carraway taught the steel drum band as well as private lessons to undergraduate percussion majors. Additionally, Mr. Carraway taught as a percussion instructor for Pflugerville and Hendrickson High Schools and as a private lesson teacher for Cedar Park and Leander High Schools.

After graduating from the University of Texas in 2005, Mr. Carraway accepted the position of Assistant Band Director and Percussion Director for the Akins High School Band.

For six years Mr. Carraway was a front ensemble member of notable drum corps including the Marion Cadets (1998), Glassmen (1999-2001), and world-champion Cavaliers (2002-2003). He is the 2003 Drum Corps Midwest Keyboard Champion and placed second at the 2003 DCI Individual and Ensemble Competition. Additionally, Mr. Carraway was a three-year member of the WGI Independent group Matrix Indoor Marching Percussion Ensemble.

Clifton G. Croomes

I am originally from Houston,Texas. I began my music career in 1989 at Shotwell Middle School. I studied with Doug Harrington from 6-8 grade. Then i studied with John Hinojosa at Eisenhower High School. I graduated in the spring of 1995 and was accepted to the school of music at the University of Texas @ Austin. I was a member of the UT Wind Ensemble under the direction of Jerry F. Junkin and UT Symphony Orchestra conducted by Dr. Timothy Muffet and Kevin Noe. I studied percussion with George Frock. In the spring of 1998 I became a member of the Cavaliers Drum and Bugle Corps from Rosemont,Illinois. There I studied with Erik Johnson, Bret Kuhn, Mike Macintosh, John Brennan and Uichi Kajiyama.

I graduated from UT in the spring of 2001 and accepted a job at Westview Middle School in Pflugerville, Texas. I also taught percussion at Pflugerville High School. In 2003 I accepted a job in Bastrop,Texas as Director of Percussion for BISD. In the spring of 2004 the Bastrop HS Percussion Theater was named the Scholastic AA Texas Color Guard Circuit State Champion. In the summer of 2004 I returned for my second year as a UT Longhorn Music Camp faculty member. I was also a percussion instructor for Teal Sound Drum and Bugle Corps. This summer, I accepted my current position as an Assistant Band Director at MacArthur High School in San Antonio,Texas.

Eric Carraway holds a Bachelors degree in Music Education from Kent State University (Ohio) and a Masters degree in Percussion Performance from the University of Texas at Austin.

I graduated in the spring of 1995 and was accepted to the school of music at the University of Texas @ Austin.

More than ever do I wish to be able to participate in UT's music program. (All their ensembles require an audition and therefore practice, but I can't use to practice rooms because I'm not currently in a music class. <_< )