Area G Contest

We have about 15 directors.

Thats cool that you enjoyed our show, I hope we play the best we can at the Dome on Tuesday! Thanks and good luck!

Wow thats a lot of directors. We only have 6 directors. I donno if thats good or bad but I can say Donna's show was pretty awesome. Keep it up, see you guys at state.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo, very mature and well-executed show, in my opinion. I don't profess to be a judge, but the only things I saw were some straight line rotations that were way off.

Other than that, I don't know. I've only seen Hanna and Harlingen South but I don't see how you made 8th.

Your're drill-writer's style was very obvious, and stoods out against many of the other bands'. i agree with Serardian in the line rotations comment, but i guess with that drill, it's be hard for a high school band NOT to have that issue.

LOVED the last two sets! completely by surprise, although, in my unlearned opinion, i would've like more playing in the ballad. i thought you guys played exceptionally well and was disappointed when i didnt get to hear you play a ballad. :(

But what a cool show! I bet you guys had a blast performing it! i only wish you could could join us at state. that was some sight for sore eyse, huh?

:ph34r: dont know why he's here, just never had a reason to use him.

Your're drill-writer's style was very obvious, and stoods out against many of the other bands'. i agree with Serardian in the line rotations comment, but i guess with that drill, it's be hard for a high school band NOT to have that issue.

LOVED the last two sets! completely by surprise, although, in my unlearned opinion, i would've like more playing in the ballad. i thought you guys played exceptionally well and was disappointed when i didnt get to hear you play a ballad. :(

But what a cool show! I bet you guys had a blast performing it! i only wish you could could join us at state. that was some sight for sore eyse, huh?

:ph34r: dont know why he's here, just never had a reason to use him.

Actually, I wish it would have been a ballad. Quite often on this forum I called it a "psuedo-ballad" because while it was not slow, it still had some of the prettiness that most ballads had...even though in my opinion, the song wasn't all the pretty...but that's just me.

I got to see your all's (Hanna) show on youtube also...I must say...you all deserve to be up there next week. If you all clean up your show a little more, work out all the little kinks, and give the music some more gusto, then you all will make a good name for yourselves at state this year...no questions asked.

I got to see your all's (Hanna) show on youtube also...I must say...you all deserve to be up there next week. If you all clean up your show a little more, work out all the little kinks, and give the music some more gusto, then you all will make a good name for yourselves at state this year...no questions asked.

Well said. ^_^ Do your best at State, Hanna. I'll be there during finals.. hopefully I'll see you guys there ;) .

WOW!!!! Now this is what I'm Talking About!!!!!! Let's have a HUGE, HUGE, Sharyland, Donna, Harlingen, and Hanna HUG!!!! Let's keep this positive vibe going in the valley. While competition's can be stressful, there's no reason we can't hug each other and pat each other on the back and say "good job!". We definitely need more of this. Just look at the bloodsport of Ultimate Fighting. After 15 minutes (if they last that long) of kickin' each other's butt, the contestant's hug each other and say congrats to each other. We can definitely do the same. Good luck to all bands at state!!!!! The crowds will love all of you!!!! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gifwub.gif

WOW!!!! Now this is what I'm Talking About!!!!!! Let's have a HUGE, HUGE, Sharyland, Donna, Harlingen, and Hanna HUG!!!! Let's keep this positive vibe going in the valley. While competition's can be stressful, there's no reason we can't hug each other and pat each other on the back and say "good job!". We definitely need more of this. Just look at the bloodsport of Ultimate Fighting. After 15 minutes (if they last that long) of kickin' each other's butt, the contestant's hug each other and say congrats to each other. We can definitely do the same. Good luck to all bands at state!!!!! The crowds will love all of you!!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

That would be a huge, huge hug. :wacko: Anyways, Sharyland band students kick ****. Yup. Keep being awesome!

Actually, I wish it would have been a ballad.  Quite often on this forum I called it a "psuedo-ballad" because while it was not slow, it still had some of the prettiness that most ballads had...even though in my opinion, the song wasn't all the pretty...but that's just me. 

I got to see your all's (Hanna) show on youtube also...I must say...you all deserve to be up there next week.  If you all clean up your show a little more, work out all the little kinks, and give the music some more gusto, then you all will make a good name for yourselves at state this year...no questions asked.

Gusto is definately what we're missing. you know how your band director every year repeats that one line over and over and over and over again? This year, our director says "You gotta sell it to the audience!" Over and Over and Over.... :wacko:

yeah...if YOU guys have a "pseudo-ballad" what the heck do we have? Ours lasts for like, ten seconds.

Can't wait to play at state!!

Oh yeah....uhm....*hug*?