Sooo I've always thought the LOTR movies had an awesome soundtrack, and I've always thought that the music would be awesome when arranged for marching band. If anyones got any info about shows that have already featured this music I'd appreciate some links, hookups, etc. :P

I've also been looking to write something up on finale since I've been getting pretty bored with playing xbox and sleeping all day and I need something to tide me over until DCI and band camp, so I was wondering if anyones knows where I could find sheet music for LOTR, online or otherwise. :unsure:

you should listen to johan de meij's LOTR Symphony

I like the lotr symphony, it just doesn't remind me of the actual story because i've got the music from the movie stuck in my head. It's just more satisfying to play the score from the movie. For marching band, the movie theme's from like whenever it shows the bad guys would be awesome though, get like 5 brake drums going with some killer horn line parts, sweet.

i always thought the opening fanfare of "Gandalf" would be the perfect opening for a show. big huge brass openings. doesnt get much better for a show than that. and the Gollum/Smeagol movement would do really well for a closer/pre-closer type deal. lots of fast trumpet and horn double tonguing and really caustic sounds.