All-Region Track System

What do you guys think of the track systems that ATSSB and TMEA both currently use for the All-Region band? Particularly with how people use it to their advantage. In some regions, there may be little or no 6A schools, so 5A and under students may do TMEA on the 6A track for a free area spot, saw a saxophone get 2 chairs from last and still made area because of this. Do you think there should be restrictions on opting up a track, maybe make it so you have to make the All-State band on your current track to opt up?

In ATSSB I see people play this game in Region 4 often times because there's much less 4A competition in that region (especially since North Lamar does TMEA), so people may opt up since 4A is easier, this is rather contradictory to why opting up is a thing, it's meant to provide more of a challenge.

Now personally, I'm not arguing for how it should be done, and I think splitting it is a good thing especially in TMEA, but I'm curious to see what you guys think. The question I'm asking, is should the track system be tweaked or changed in some way?