• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for your input

last year, my band had 12 but only 10 marched. This year, they have 9 incoming freshmen tuba players. I doubt all 17 will be in the show but you never know. the band in general is just gonna be bigger

Well they do have 8000 students.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Raydurs said:

not sure if yall heard but bell tubas got contras o_o

Welcome to the club LD Bell! Y'all are gonna love it

Does anyone know what Texas schools march contras? I know it's fairly common in the Midwest (a lot of Indiana bands come to mind as well as Blue Springs) but in Texas they're not nearly as common. From what I've seen I've got: Carroll, Coppell, Keller Central, Byron Nelson, The Woodlands, Plfugerville, and now LD Bell

On 7/1/2020 at 9:28 AM, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Does anyone know what Texas schools march contras? I know it's fairly common in the Midwest (a lot of Indiana bands come to mind as well as Blue Springs) but in Texas they're not nearly as common. From what I've seen I've got: Carroll, Coppell, Keller Central, Byron Nelson, The Woodlands, Plfugerville, and now LD Bell

Hidalgo EC, Conroe HS, Smithson Valley HS, and Willis HS have contras.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 9:28 AM, AlsoIntoSpace said:

Back when I went to Melissa HS in 2016, we used Contras, but that was the only season we used them. In 2017, we were supposed to use them, but there wasn't enough Contras for the whole group, so we switched back to Sousaphones.