TUBAS!!!!

T is for Tuba

• 6 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Take a look at the Vista Ridge Tuba Line on the State Finals Video -Link: 

.   VR had the Tubas moving around like they were holding trumpets.  They were running, spinning dancing and moving through most of the show.   Look at sections 2:37 to 4:17 and 6:05 to 7:06   for good examples.    It's a bulky, heavy instrument but these kids were moving and hauling with them!! 

My tip would be to not let anyone tell you it can't be done.

• 1 month later...

I've seen 6A bands with over 350 kids where the director has been like "We have 16 tubas this year, which is more than we've had for awhile, so that'll be nice".  I was teaching lessons at Huntsville in 2013 when they had 18 Tubas signed up, and that was mighty impressive since it was only about 195 kids in the band.  17 made it to 1st day of school and they marched 16 for UIL.  That was a mid-sized 5A.  (EDIT: Getting my years mixed up, but 2013 was the right year).

But 4A? darn...

Well if I remember correctly their enrollment in the band program last year was somewhere around 345 so close enough Leandermomma :lol:

We just appreciate our marching arts here in NEISD. We have three programs with over 320 students enrolled.

Leander has over 300 this fall as well and we have less than 2200 students total. ;)