2023 HEB Marching Contest (Sept. 30)

celesta

The HEB Marching Contest will be held on Saturday, Sept. 30, at Pennington Field in Bedford.

Schedule:

Prelims
10:45 - Coppell H.S. (JV) 
11:00 - Keller Central H.S.
11:15 - James Martin H.S.
11:30 - Azle H.S.
11:45 -Brewer H.S.
12:00 - Fossil Ridge H.S.  

12:15 - BREAK

13:00 - Haltom H.S.
13:15 - Boswell H.S.
13:30 - Southwest H.S.
13:45 - Byron Nelson H.S.
14:00 - Forney H.S.
14:15 - Keller H.S.

14:30 - BREAK

14:45 - Krum H.S.
15:00 - Wakeland H.S.
15:15 - Saginaw H.S.
15:30 - Timber Creek H.S.  
15:45 - Aledo H.S.
16:00 - Marcus H.S.
16:15 - Trinity H.S. (exhibition)

16:30 - Prelims Awards 

Finals
19:00 - Class Champion (exhibition)
19:15 - Finals (12 bands)
22:30 - L.D. Bell H.S. (exhibition)

23:00 - Finals Awards

Information pretty much finalized. (Last updated 9/15)

3 hours ago, josephbandfan said:

Confirmed:

Brewer
Fossil Ridge
Keller Central
Krum

Hoping this contest can fill up a little more. Not too optimistic about a huge turnout though considering there are at least 5 other contests happening in the metroplex on this day.

So much congestion in the contest schedule, love and hate to see it at the same time ‘cause I just want stacked contests right off the gate, and this is a favorite of mine to go to, but the roster still looks good so far! 

1 hour ago, josephbandfan said:

3 now with Area B and BOA Prosper 

Omg you’re right, forgot about area! That’s honestly pretty cool! Would love for all 4 to make finals at at least one of them, this one probably being the most realistic for that to happen is Fossil Ridge can build off the success from last season 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 1:58 PM, josephbandfan said:

This is now on James Martin’s calendar. I could’ve sworn they had a different contest listed when I checked not too long ago.

News to me being an alumni seeing it now😂 Arlington is also going so it’s good to see both schools going to a strong early contest, hope they do well!

As of 8/17/23 per the website:

Aledo HS
Azle HS
Byron Nelson HS
Coppell HS (JV)
Forney HS
Fossil Ridge HS
Haltom HS
James Martin HS
Keller Central HS
Keller HS
Krum HS
L.D. Bell HS
Marcus HS
Saginaw HS
Southwest HS
Stephenville HS
Timber Creek HS
Trinity HS
W.E. Boswell HS
Wakeland HS

Finals will be really stacked, maybe more than ever at this contest. 

If I wasn't going to the prosper regional which most of these bands are, and the Wylie comp wasn't the same day I'd defiantly be going here, but I'll get to see most of these bands anyways. I'm really happy how this contest is turning out to be. As of now, I think finals will look something like this: 

1st/2nd: Wakeland/Marcus 

3rd: Keller(could seem them being 1st or 2nd) 

4th: Timber Creek

5th: Forney 

6th: Keller Central 

7th: James Martin 

8th: Haltom

9th: Aledo 

10th: Azle

11th: Byron Nelson 

12th: W.E Boswell/Fossil Ridge/Brewer 

It's going to be super close for those last two spots. I'd say that Azle may not even be in finals, but I feel like the 1st-9th bands are pretty much locks as of now. It's going to be super competitive, and hopefully a few more bands join the lineup! 

• 3 weeks later...

The schedule for this event has been posted on the HEB marching contest website: 

10:45- Coppell (JV) 

11:00- Keller Central

11:15- James Martin 

11:30- Azle 

11:45-Brewer 

12:00- Fossil Ridge 

12:15- Lunch Break 

1:00- Haltom

1:15- Boswell 

1:30- Southwest 

1:45- Byron Nelson 

2:00- Forney 

2:15- Keller 

2:30 Break 

2:45-Krum 

3:00- Wakeland 

3:15- Saginaw 

3:30- Timber Creek 

3:45- Aledo 

4:00- Marcus 

4:15- Trinity (exhibition) 

4:30- Prelims Awards 

My early predictions for here:

1. Marcus

2. Keller

3. Wakeland

4. Timber Creek

5. Keller Central

6.  Aledo

7. Forney

8. James Martin

9. Haltom

10. Azle

11. Boswell

12. Fossil Ridge

I believe there are 12 finalists because it's been like that foor years at this point. Anyway, this list was extremely hard to make and all of these bands are talented, but unfortunately there will be some finals-worthy bands that won't make it. This is kind of like a pre-BOA since DFW happens the following week, and this comp has BOA style judging as well. So I think the results will give us an idea on how DFW goes because most of them will be back the next week.

24 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

My early predictions for here:

1. Marcus

2. Keller

3. Wakeland

4. Timber Creek

5. Keller Central

6.  Aledo

7. Forney

8. James Martin

9. Haltom

10. Azle

11. Boswell

12. Fossil Ridge

I believe there are 12 finalists because it's been like that foor years at this point. Anyway, this list was extremely hard to make and all of these bands are talented, but unfortunately there will be some finals-worthy bands that won't make it. This is kind of like a pre-BOA since DFW happens the following week, and this comp has BOA style judging as well. So I think the results will give us an idea on how DFW goes because most of them will be back the next week.

Switch Aledo and Forney for me and this is mine. I could see Wakeland, Keller and Marcus all switching, but it's gonna be a great comp, and yes, 12 in finals.

12 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Switch Aledo and Forney for me and this is mine. I could see Wakeland, Keller and Marcus all switching, but it's gonna be a great comp, and yes, 12 in finals.

1/2 - Marcus or Keller

3. Wakeland

4. Forney

5. Timber Creek

6. Aledo

7.  Haltom

8. Keller Central

9. James Martin

10. Azle

11. Boswell

12. Fossil Ridge

Having seen videos of many of these groups, I would say this is my order for now.  Marcus and Keller have different approaches with their shows, so we'll see who comes out cleaner.  Marcus is a bit edgier than last year, which I love!  Keller seems to be getting back to their roots so to speak of doing a big, beautiful show.  I will say that they are moving WAY better than they have in the past at this point.

As mentioned in other threads, Wakeland's show come across as not as difficult as last year's presentation, but will likely be quite clean.  I've got Forney in the top 5 ahead of TC.  They are coming on strong, and were a surprise group here last year.  The TC video I saw was still pretty messy, so hopefully they can clean up a lot prior to HEB.  Aledo always plays SO well, as does Haltom.  Keller Central's show is HARD, and I would imagine that they will still have a lot of cleaning to do early in the season.  

46 minutes ago, bancl said:

1/2 - Marcus or Keller

3. Wakeland

4. Forney

5. Timber Creek

6. Aledo

7.  Haltom

8. Keller Central

9. James Martin

10. Azle

11. Boswell

12. Fossil Ridge

Having seen videos of many of these groups, I would say this is my order for now.  Marcus and Keller have different approaches with their shows, so we'll see who comes out cleaner.  Marcus is a bit edgier than last year, which I love!  Keller seems to be getting back to their roots so to speak of doing a big, beautiful show.  I will say that they are moving WAY better than they have in the past at this point.

As mentioned in other threads, Wakeland's show come across as not as difficult as last year's presentation, but will likely be quite clean.  I've got Forney in the top 5 ahead of TC.  They are coming on strong, and were a surprise group here last year.  The TC video I saw was still pretty messy, so hopefully they can clean up a lot prior to HEB.  Aledo always plays SO well, as does Haltom.  Keller Central's show is HARD, and I would imagine that they will still have a lot of cleaning to do early in the season.  

Yeah, after seeing Wakeland I agree, at least from a visual standpoint. Musically it’s still a pretty challenging show, at least what I’ve seen imo, but I’d say the most likely will land in 3rd. 

• 2 weeks later...

Predictions since HEB is 1 Week away (not ready mentally)

1. Marcus

2. Wakeland

3. Keller

4. Forney

5. Timber Creek

6. Keller Central

7. Aledo

8. Haltom

9. James Martin

10. Azle

11. Boswell

12. Fossil Ridge

Any of these can be switched, but this is my opinion. Again, everyone who is competing will do awesome!