2023 USBands Dallas Regional (Sept. 30)

BandNerd07

The USBands Dallas Regional will be held on Saturday September 30, 2023 at the Crowley ISD Multi-Purpose Stadium.

Tentative Schedule:

Godley HS - 8:30

Grandview HS - 8:45 

Waco HS - 9:00

Timberview HS - 9:15

Irving HS - 9:30 

Troy HS - 9:45

Everman HS - 10:00

Burleson HS - 10:15

BREAK - 10:30

Southwest HS - 10:45

Stephenville HS - 11:00

MacArthur HS - 11:15

Summit HS - 11:30

Joshua HS - 11:45

North Forney HS - 12:00

North Crowley HS - 12:15

BREAK - 12:30

Ryan HS - 12:45

Denton HS - 1:00

Midlothian Heritage HS - 1:15

Parkway HS (LA) - 1:30

Cleburne HS - 1:45 

Crowley HS - 2:00

BREAK - 2:15

North Garland HS - 2:45

Weatherford HS - 3:00

V.R. Eaton HS - 3:15

Mansfield HS - 3:30 

Centennial HS - 3:45 

J.J. Pearce HS - 4:00

Southlake Carroll HS - 4:15

Lewisville HS - 4:30

7 minutes ago, celesta said:

Is SLC attending this competition? Crowley was shown in their show/schedule reveal and it seems like it's an early season contest.

It looks like you're correct, they will be attending. Really surprised how much attention this contest is getting compared to last year. Only 11 attended, so everyone made finals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • BandNerd07 changed the title to 2023 USBands Dallas (Crowley) Regional (Sept. 30)
  • 3 weeks later...

I know it's kinda early but I just wanted to do my predictions based on the number of entries. Just note that the class champion will advance regardless of the placements. Anyway, I strongly believe that with the amount of bands attending, there will be 12 finalists so here it is:

12th- Godley (Group I Champion)

6th-11th- Mansfield, North Crowley, Summit, Cleburne, Burleson, Timberview. I think as of the end of the 2022 season, these bands are all on the same level and tend to kind of rival each other at contests. Unfortunately these bands are kind of on the mid-low tier range as they both have to deal with hard hitters at their respective areas, but it seems like they know what they need to do to make a finals appearance at any local comp.

2nd-5th- Lewisville, Burleson Centennial, V. R. Eaton, J. J. Pearce. These bands I'd say are on a level above the 6th-11th place bands, but not quite on the level as Southlake. They do extremely well at local comps, but unfortunately the same cannot really be said for BOA comps as they will more than likely not make finals. But nonetheless they still compete and see where they stand against other bands.

1st- Southlake Carroll- I mean, isn't it a no brainer all really?

49 minutes ago, BandNerd07 said:

I know it's kinda early but I just wanted to do my predictions based on the number of entries. Just note that the class champion will advance regardless of the placements. Anyway, I strongly believe that with the amount of bands attending, there will be 12 finalists so here it is:

12th- Godley 

11th- Irving

10th- Burleson

9th- Cleburne

8th- North Crowley

7th- Mansfield

6th- W.E. Boswell

5th- J.J. Pearce

4th- V.R. Eaton

3rd- Lewisville

2nd- Burleson Centennial

1st- Southlake Carroll

This is pretty much mine, would move Burleson up to 8th and that’s pretty much mine 

It shows that Aldine HS (Houston) will be at this contest and the one being held in Houston. I think there is a typo and that Aldine won't be at this contest

12 hours ago, BandNerd07 said:

Just note that in USBands, the class champion would advance to finals, regardless of their placement in prelims. Otherwise, i'd probably have Weatherford or North Forney take the 12th spot.

6 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

It shows that Aldine HS (Houston) will be at this contest and the one being held in Houston. I think there is a typo and that Aldine won't be at this contest

Yes I just noticed that. It would make more sense to go to a contest that way closer to them than to drive 5 hours for this one. I'll go ahead and remove them.

I think Boswell might've changed their mind about both this comp and USBands Saginaw, because they are no longer listed. They might've decided to go with the Melissa Marching Showcase instead for the 23rd, but have no idea what they plan for the 30th (the same day as this comp). Maybe HEB because they went there several times in the past. But only time will tell as their calendar has not been made for this season.

On 6/8/2023 at 9:46 PM, BandNerd07 said:

12th- Godley 

11th- Irving

10th- Weatherford

9th- Burleson

8th- Cleburne

7th- North Crowley

6th- Mansfield

5th- J.J. Pearce

4th- V.R. Eaton

3rd- Lewisville

2nd- Burleson Centennial

1st- Southlake Carroll

With Boswell not going, I've decided to change my finals predictions. Now Weatherford is on the list.

Ooooo I can’t wait for this one! Some of these US Bands lineups are starting to look pretty solid, and having a flo subscription already makes things easier. I may have to consider this one for this day…was thinking about heb or Wylie, probably will still do ones of but this will be a strong show regardless.

On 6/8/2023 at 4:46 PM, BandNerd07 said:

12th- Godley (Group I Champion)

6th-11th- Mansfield, North Crowley, Summit, Cleburne, Burleson, Timberview. I think as of the end of the 2022 season, these bands are all on the same level and tend to kind of rival each other at contests. Unfortunately these bands are kind of on the mid-low tier range as they both have to deal with hard hitters at their respective areas, but it seems like they know what they need to do to make a finals appearance at any local comp.

2nd-5th- Lewisville, Burleson Centennial, V. R. Eaton, J. J. Pearce. These bands I'd say are on a level above the 6th-11th place bands, but not quite on the level as Southlake. They do extremely well at local comps, but unfortunately the same cannot really be said for BOA comps as they will more than likely not make finals. But nonetheless they still compete and see where they stand against other bands.

1st- Southlake Carroll- I mean, isn't it a no brainer all really?

I've decided to update the finals predictions, and this time provide some commentary for the reasoning of my predictions.

2 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

I’d agree with most of this, but North Forney should definitely be in the 6th-11th. They are definitely better than North Crowley and Cleburne and Timberview 

Yeah, I forgot about North Forney. I didn't get to see them this past season and I was surprised by how low they placed at area. Extremely underrated band and its just a shadow of Forney High, it seems like.

I absolutely agree that North Forney is better than North Crowley and Cleburne, but you shouldn't vote them out just yet because both bands have made great improvements at area this year. Cleburne managed to beat bands like Southwest, Burleson, Joshua, and Timberview. As for North Crowley, they made a pretty decent placement at area this past year, being a band that didn't qualify for area last year. They beat bands they normally never beat like Arlington, Irving, Desoto, and Weatherford. This really is getting hard to predict, I tell you.

• BandNerd07 changed the title to 2023 USBands Dallas Regional (Sept. 30)