2023 UIL 4A Area D

5 hours ago, bxOxAxUIL said:

China Spring, Burnet, and Springtown will continue to be locks until a director change happens. Expect to see Alvarado and Gatesville to continue to make strides in the upcoming years. You can also never count out Kennedale, Fredericksburg, and Robinson, they will always be contenders. Keep an eye on for Jarrell, they've had an impressive trajectory since bumping up to 4A.

That's how I see it. Hoping Robinson can make it back! Been wanting to see their return, just like I want to see H.M. King return from Area E

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Dave609 said:

Also hoping that 6 bands can advance again so that we can see another band join the State Qualifiers group. Since I don't feel like there will be many changes to last year

If there were 6 advancements last year Kennedale would’ve gone to State and Godley would’ve made Finals again. This year, we could see 6 advance as there were a hand full of bands that only missed going to Area by 1 judge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 2:26 PM, Skillet2019 said:

Anyone on updates for predictions going into October?

I think we’ll see some moves by Gatesville this season, more surprisingly though-My wild card prediction this year is Boerne,they made finals last year for the first time in a while, and came out of the gate swinging this season beating Fredericksburg at their first competition.

On 10/8/2023 at 9:04 AM, Eco12 said:

I think we’ll see some moves by Gatesville this season, more surprisingly though-My wild card prediction this year is Boerne,they made finals last year for the first time in a while, and came out of the gate swinging this season beating Fredericksburg at their first competition.

They did WHAT!?! Godley beat Springtown and Castleberry in their first competition in ordinal score.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:25 PM, Eco12 said:

Those are some big hitters for Godley to outplace early on in the season! I’m hoping top 12 make finals this year so more schools like Godley can be in that finals bracket.

Well, we already know one participant in UIL 4A Area D and that’s Benbrook HS, 29 more bands to go to get 12 finals spots!

6 hours ago, Bulldog1 said:

I would like to know honest thoughts on Venus hs 4a I am a parent just would like an honest take… I promise you will not hurt my feelings we have been at for the last two years we get really good feedback from judges but I think it’s just not good enough for me lol 

thanks 

Venus HS IS on the upward trend with the new director they got in the 2021 season, so big things could eventually happen. Godley started out that way in 2014 and are just now getting to where they’re on the cusp of will they make Finals or won’t they. It’ll get better as long as the students push!

1 hour ago, Skillet2019 said:

Venus HS IS on the upward trend with the new director they got in the 2021 season, so big things could eventually happen. Godley started out that way in 2014 and are just now getting to where they’re on the cusp of will they make Finals or won’t they. It’ll get better as long as the students push!

1 hour ago, Skillet2019 said:

Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it !! I agree mr Langdon has done wonderful things with Venus we are trying really hard to build the visual effects up with the color guard as well as the band I think personally is we are having a hard time keeping band students… when all these middle schoolers that are in band as soon as they get to hs they drop from the program and a lot has to do with they can’t juggle sports and band and I get it but I just wished we had more students