• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to seeing Chaparral's show next season, a good percent of their band is back plus incoming freshmen. The MBB will definitely be KISD's best band for years to come (sorry Harker Heights). 

I'm curious as to why Deese is announcing the show so early? Maybe there is a method to his madness? 

On 2/26/2023 at 1:19 AM, RooBandAlum2004 said:

I'm looking forward to seeing Chaparral's show next season, a good percent of their band is back plus incoming freshmen. The MBB will definitely be KISD's best band for years to come (sorry Harker Heights). 

I'm curious as to why Deese is announcing the show so early? Maybe there is a method to his madness? 

I think its because after our Uil concert ends we are going to go over our music for heist. He might be wanting us to know our music early so we don't have to worry about that because we'll most likely have the music memorized when its time for marching camp when we start learning drill. But for the upcoming freshman I don't know what he is going to for them during marching camp since they have to learn the music, learn marching fundamentals, and get conditioned and adapted to marching in the heat while us returning band members have already been through all of that but idk i guess we'll see when the time comes

On 2/27/2023 at 5:40 PM, Jplaysclarinet said:

I think its because after our Uil concert ends we are going to go over our music for heist. He might be wanting us to know our music early so we don't have to worry about that because we'll most likely have the music memorized when its time for marching camp when we start learning drill. But for the upcoming freshman I don't know what he is going to for them during marching camp since they have to learn the music, learn marching fundamentals, and get conditioned and adapted to marching in the heat while us returning band members have already been through all of that but idk i guess we'll see when the time comes

Deese, Stuart, and 😍Blalock😍 will go out to the feeder middle schools and hand out the music there OR hand it out at a mini marching camp for incoming freshman before school ends so that way they can have the music somewhat learned before summer band. Either way Chap is about to dominate next marching season. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...