Melissa Marching Showcase (September 23, 2023)

Dave609

New Contest Alert! Melissa High School will be hosting their first annual Marching Contest on September 23rd of the 2023 season! Also a very stacked judge panel (There was an update to the judge panel)

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE-

9:00 a.m.- Melissa HS (5A)- EXHIBITION
9:15 a.m.- Whitewright HS (2A)
9:30 a.m.- Kemp HS (3A)
9:45 a.m.- Quitman HS (3A)
10:00 a.m.- Gran Saline HS (3A)

- BREAK

10:30 a.m.- Westwood HS (3A)
10:45 a.m.- Mineola HS (3A)
11:00 a.m.- Sunnyvale HS (4A)- WON'T BE AT FINALS DUE TO HOCO
11:15 a.m.- Farmersville HS (4A)
11:30 a.m.- Western Hills HS (4A)
11:45 a.m.- Community HS (4A)
12:00 p.m.- Queen City HS (3A)

- LUNCH BREAK

1:15 p.m.- Anna HS (4A)
1:30 p.m.- Van Alstyne HS (4A)
1:45 p.m.- Sulphur Springs HS (4A)
2:00 p.m.- Kaufman HS (4A)
2:15 p.m.- Aubrey HS (4A)
2:30 p.m.- Canton HS (4A)
2:45 p.m.- North Lamar HS (4A)
3:00 p.m.- Celina HS (4A)
3:15 p.m.- China Spring HS (4A)

- BREAK

3:45 p.m.- Frisco Liberty HS (5A)
4:00 p.m.- Independence HS (5A)
4:15 p.m.- South Hills HS (5A)
4:30 p.m.- Princeton HS (5A)
4:45 p.m.- Boswell HS (6A)
5:00 p.m.- Lonestar HS (5A)
5:15 p.m.- Garland HS (6A)
5:30 p.m.- Lakeview Centennial HS (6A)
5:45 p.m.- Naaman Forest HS (6A)
6:00 p.m.- Rowlett HS (6A)

6:15 p.m.- Northwestern State University & The Boston Brass

6:30 p.m.- ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRELIM RESULTS AND ADVANCERS TO FINALS

Melissa+Showcase.png

• Dave609 changed the title to Melissa Marching Showcase (September 23, 2023)

I really wonder what the lineup is going to look like! I definitely could see this mainly being the programs around the Melissa area all coming here like Denison, Sherman, maybe the McKinney schools? I’m hoping it’s not just all smaller 4A schools, and we get some good 5A/6A programs, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it was a lot of smaller bands. Exciting regardless!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, Tubalord11 said:

I really wonder what the lineup is going to look like! I definitely could see this mainly being the programs around the Melissa area all coming here like Denison, Sherman, maybe the McKinney schools? I’m hoping it’s not just all smaller 4A schools, and we get some good 5A/6A programs, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if it was a lot of smaller bands. Exciting regardless!

McKinney High is going, North and Boyd staff dont like doing comps that early so they wont, could see happening in the future if the yearly UIL thing doesnt work out and we get the “BOA” years

While there are many strong bands like Canton and Celina going, I currently feel like this is McKinney's to lose. While making area finals has continued to be a struggle recently, they always seem to do very well at the beginning of the season, and with what their schedule is looking to be like next season, and also, it does seem like it takes the 4A programs a little longer to get going, I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t walk out on top. 

3 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

While there are many strong bands like Canton and Celina going, I currently feel like this is McKinney's to lose. While making area finals has continued to be a struggle recently, they always seem to do very well at the beginning of the season, and with what their schedule is looking to be like next season, and also, it does seem like it takes the 4A programs a little longer to get going, I’d be pretty surprised if they don’t walk out on top. 

definitely don't want to count out China Spring!

On 5/26/2023 at 3:27 PM, Dave609 said:

Bands Added-

Lakeview Centennial HS (6A)

Quitman HS (3A)

With 27 bands now, there will now be 12 finalist's for this contest

Definitely watch out for Lakeview Centennial! They’ve definitely been on this ride recently, could definitely see them in the top 5! 

17 minutes ago, J-Mike16 said:

Top 5?! That is a little too high in my opinion.

Idk man! I’d say definitely behind Mckinney, Celina, Boswell, and maybe Anna, but yeah, they’d be my pick for 5th right now. They seem to have a good amount of their show out early on, and while they haven’t had a ton of success with UIL, they are competing at one of if not the hardest Areas and still placing okay. And again, I feel like it takes the smaller 4A programs to really get going. Heck, last year Krum beat Celina but then didnt even get top 5 at area. 

34 minutes ago, Tubalord11 said:

Idk man! I’d say definitely behind Mckinney, Celina, Boswell, and maybe Anna, but yeah, they’d be my pick for 5th right now. They seem to have a good amount of their show out early on, and while they haven’t had a ton of success with UIL, they are competing at one of if not the hardest Areas and still placing okay. And again, I feel like it takes the smaller 4A programs to really get going. Heck, last year Krum beat Celina but then didnt even get top 5 at area. 

My top 5 for the event are McKinney, Celina, Boswell, Canton, & Anna. With Sulphur Springs right behind in 6th.

• 2 weeks later...