2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)

LeanderMomma

The 2023 Austin Regional will be held Sept. 23 at Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex in Austin, TX.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/24/2023

7:30 - The Ann Richards School, TX
7:42 - McCallum H.S., TX
7:54 - Cedar Park H.S., TX
8:06 - Manor New Tech H.S., TX
8:18 - Burnet H.S., TX
8:30 - Stony Point H.S., TX
8:42 - Leander H.S., TX
8:54 - Hutto H.S., TX
9:06 - Gatesville H.S., TX

BREAK

9:42 - Westwood H.S., TX
9:54 - Tom Glenn H.S., TX
10:06 - James Bowie H.S., TX
10:18 - Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
10:30 - M.G. Johnson H.S., TX
10:42 - Vista Ridge H.S., TX
10:54 - Westlake H.S., TX
11:06 - Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
11:18 - Rouse H.S., TX

BREAK

12:06 - Tom C. Clark H.S., TX
12:18 - Weiss H.S., TX
12:30 - Chaparral H.S., TX
12:42 - Round Rock H.S., TX
12:54 - Veterans Memorial H.S., TX
1:06 - Lake Travis H.S., TX
1:18 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
1:30 - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
1:42 - James Earl Rudder H.S., TX
1:54 - Vandegrift H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
updated schedule

• LeanderMomma changed the title to 2023 BOA Austin (Sept. 23)
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

This is the strongest regional in the country. Band for band, throughout the day, there is no contest that can touch the quality that can be seen here. 

Those down at the Bedford regional may have something to say about that. I would personally agree with you on this, but I would say the dfw regional is also extremely high in quality, especially these past or so years.

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Those down at the Bedford regional may have something to say about that. I would personally agree with you on this, but I would say the dfw regional is also extremely high in quality, especially these past or so years.

Being in the DFW/Bedford area, no Austin next season is the strongest easily, at DFW theres a pretty decent gap between top 4/5 and everyone else, but from how this is shaping there isnt a gap between top 4 and the rest, its gonna be a gap between finalists and non finalists with alot of the heaviest hitters at 6A and 5A state finals, compared to the 4-5 finalists, and most to all from 6A at that.

15 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

Being in the DFW/Bedford area, no Austin next season is the strongest easily, at DFW theres a pretty decent gap between top 4/5 and everyone else, but from how this is shaping there isnt a gap between top 4 and the rest, its gonna be a gap between finalists and non finalists with alot of the heaviest hitters at 6A and 5A state finals, compared to the 4-5 finalists, and most to all from 6A at that.

Yeah, you’re actually complete right lol, didn’t think about it like that. Even this past dfw had that, with the difference between first and 5th about 5 points, but yeah, definitely won’t be happening here. Gonna be an very exciting comp for sure!

7 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

Both Austin and Bedford will be exciting. Luckily I live about a 15 minute drive from Kelly Reeves. Having spectated this for years and I feel blessed. It's been a golden era for HS marching bands in an area. 

Bedford is a great show for a top half/bottom half contest. It's also a great place for fans to comfortably watch the contest. Much better than Kelly Reeves for the people in the stands all day. Plus the PA at Kelly Reeves is possibly the worst in all of Texas for a contest. You'd figure that the Round Rock ISD could fund a new PA system but I guess that's not on their radar. 

There's only 1 show and it's non-BOA in the country that has a higher band for band performance level and fortunately it's even closer to me than Kelly Reeves. That show is the Leander Festival of Bands. Last year was a madhouse like I've not seen before. It's not a contest but it's a celebration for the middle and high school programs. Plus getting the hear and feel:
Leander

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Cedar Park

Glenn

Rouse

and all of the middle school bands play together at the end of the show is almost as powerful as when DCI finalists all played at finals award ceremonies. 

Living in the dfw my whole life, I've always heard such incredible things about the LISD night, and I've wanted to go so bad. Luckly, I'm only about an hour and a half away from Gupton stadium now that I'm going to college here in Waco, and considering that I won't be able to go to either Austin or Bedford due to having to do marching band for football games this coming up season (Thanks for scheduling 8 home games this year NCAA committee), I will most likely make the drive down this year. Vista is the only one I've gotten to see live from a great angle at GN's finals in 21, but I need to see everyone else!

9 hours ago, MikeKyu said:

Both Austin and Bedford will be exciting. Luckily I live about a 15 minute drive from Kelly Reeves. Having spectated this for years and I feel blessed. It's been a golden era for HS marching bands in an area. 

Bedford is a great show for a top half/bottom half contest. It's also a great place for fans to comfortably watch the contest. Much better than Kelly Reeves for the people in the stands all day. Plus the PA at Kelly Reeves is possibly the worst in all of Texas for a contest. You'd figure that the Round Rock ISD could fund a new PA system but I guess that's not on their radar. 

There's only 1 show and it's non-BOA in the country that has a higher band for band performance level and fortunately it's even closer to me than Kelly Reeves. That show is the Leander Festival of Bands. Last year was a madhouse like I've not seen before. It's not a contest but it's a celebration for the middle and high school programs. Plus getting the hear and feel:
Leander

Vandegrift

Vista Ridge

Cedar Park

Glenn

Rouse

and all of the middle school bands play together at the end of the show is almost as powerful as when DCI finalists all played at finals award ceremonies. 

Pennington is a great place to watch bands, so close to the field, you can get either view, from down in field level to the higher profile views you might want, with the Austin show being so early, you definitely have to deal with the heat more than you do up here, but even now lately for the Bedford show, the competitions have been clear, sunny, hot days where you’re still baking out there. You definitely need to bring hats, sunscreen, umbrellas for these shows! I really do hope that the competitions this year can be blessed with some cloud cover(no rain though🙏) to where the fans are most comfortable and where the students can put on their best show, if it’s hot for us in the stands, the students are BAKING out there!😰

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OFFICIAL LINEUP AS OF 07/13/2023

Confirmed (28):
Ann Richards School, TX
Burnet H.S., TX
Cedar Park H.S., TX
Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
Chaparral H.S., TX
Dripping Springs H.S., TX
Gatesville H.S., TX
Hutto H.S., TX
James Bowie H.S., TX
James Earl Rudder H.S., TX
Lake Travis H.S., TX
Leander H.S., TX
Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
M.G. Johnson H.S., TX
Manor New Tech H.S., TX
McCallum H.S., TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Round Rock H.S., TX
Rouse H.S., TX
Stony Point H.S., TX
Tom C. Clark H.S., TX
Tom Glenn H.S., TX
Vandegrift H.S., TX
Veterans Memorial H.S., TX
Vista Ridge H.S., TX
Weiss H.S., TX
Westlake H.S., TX
Westwood H.S., TX

• 4 weeks later...

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/07/2023
(All times in Central.)

7:45 - McCallum H.S., TX
8:00 - Cedar Park H.S., TX
8:15 - Manor New Tech H.S., TX
8:30 - Burnet H.S., TX
8:45 - Stony Point H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Leander H.S., TX
9:45 - Hutto H.S., TX
10:00 - Gatesville H.S., TX
10:15 - Westwood H.S., TX
10:30 - Tom Glenn H.S., TX
10:45 - James Bowie H.S., TX
11:00 - Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
11:15 - M.G. Johnson H.S., TX

BREAK

12:15 - Vista Ridge H.S., TX
12:30 - Westlake H.S., TX
12:45 - Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
1:00 - Rouse H.S., TX
1:15 - Tom C. Clark H.S., TX
1:30 - Weiss H.S., TX
1:45 - Chaparral H.S., TX

BREAK

2:30 - Round Rock H.S., TX
2:45 - Veterans Memorial H.S., TX
3:00 - Lake Travis H.S., TX
3:15 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
3:30 - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
3:45 - James Earl Rudder H.S., TX
4:00 - Vandegrift H.S., TX

On 12/19/2022 at 9:51 AM, LeanderMomma said:

The 2023 Austin Regional will be held Sept. 23 at Kelly Reeves Athletic Complex in Austin, TX.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/07/2023

7:45 - McCallum H.S., TX
8:00 - Cedar Park H.S., TX
8:15 - Manor New Tech H.S., TX
8:30 - Burnet H.S., TX
8:45 - Stony Point H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Leander H.S., TX
9:45 - Hutto H.S., TX
10:00 - Gatesville H.S., TX
10:15 - Westwood H.S., TX
10:30 - Tom Glenn H.S., TX
10:45 - James Bowie H.S., TX
11:00 - Louis D. Brandeis H.S., TX
11:15 - M.G. Johnson H.S., TX

BREAK

12:15 - Vista Ridge H.S., TX
12:30 - Westlake H.S., TX
12:45 - Cedar Ridge H.S., TX
1:00 - Rouse H.S., TX
1:15 - Tom C. Clark H.S., TX
1:30 - Weiss H.S., TX
1:45 - Chaparral H.S., TX

BREAK

2:30 - Round Rock H.S., TX
2:45 - Veterans Memorial H.S., TX
3:00 - Lake Travis H.S., TX
3:15 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
3:30 - Dripping Springs H.S., TX
3:45 - James Earl Rudder H.S., TX
4:00 - Vandegrift H.S., TX

Be watching for a schedule revision and the addition of more bands to BOA Austin soon. 👀

No new bands, just a schedule revision to provide some relief from the Texas heat.

OFFICIAL PRELIMS SCHEDULE AS OF 08/24/2023
(All times in Central.)

7:42 - McCallum H.S., TX
7:54 - Cedar Park H.S., TX
8:06 - Manor New Tech H.S., TX
8:18 - Burnet H.S., TX
8:30 - Stony Point H.S., TX
8:42 - Leander H.S., TX
8:54 - Hutto H.S., TX
9:06 - Gatesville H.S., TX

BREAK