2023 BOA Prosper (Oct. 14)

LeanderMomma

The 2023 North Texas Regional will be held Oct. 14 at Children's Health Stadium in Prosper, TX.

OFFICIAL SCHEDULE AS OF 10/02/23:

7:15 - Lovejoy H.S., TX
7:30 - Poteet H.S., TX
7:45 - Walnut Grove H.S., TX
8:00 - Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
8:15 - L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
8:30 - Keller H.S., TX
8:45 - Duncanville H.S., TX

BREAK

9:30 - Wakeland H.S., TX
9:45 - Waxahachie H.S., TX
10:00 - Sachse H.S., TX
10:15 - Highland Park H.S., TX
10:30 - Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
10:45 - Prosper H.S., TX
11:00 - McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
11:15 - McKinney H.S., TX
11:30 - Rock Hill H.S., TX

BREAK

12:30 - McKinney North H.S., TX
12:45 - Creekview H.S., TX
1:00 - Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
1:15 - Keller Central H.S., TX
1:30 - Grapevine H.S., TX
1:45 - Midlothian H.S., TX
2:00 - Whitesboro H.S., TX
2:15 - Timber Creek H.S., TX

BREAK

3:00 - L.D. Bell H.S., TX
3:15 - Forney H.S., TX
3:30 - Azle H.S., TX
3:45 - Rockwall H.S., TX
4:00 - Lake Ridge H.S., TX
4:15 - Lake Highlands H.S., TX

CLASS A:
Whitesboro H.S., TX

CLASS AA:
Creekview H.S., TX
Grapevine H.S., TX
Lovejoy H.S., TX
Poteet H.S., TX

CLASS AAA:
Azle H.S., TX
Forney H.S., TX
Highland Park H.S., TX
L.V. Berkner H.S., TX
McKinney North H.S., TX
Midlothian H.S., TX
Robert E. Hendrickson H.S., TX
Wakeland H.S., TX
Walnut Grove H.S., TX

CLASS AAAA:
Duncanville H.S., TX
Fossil Ridge H.S., TX
Keller Central H.S., TX
Keller H.S., TX
L.D. Bell H.S., TX
Lake Highlands H.S., TX
Lake Ridge H.S., TX
McKinney Boyd H.S., TX
McKinney H.S., TX
Prosper H.S., TX
Rock Hill H.S., TX
Rockwall H.S., TX
Sachse H.S., TX
Southlake Carroll H.S., TX
Timber Creek H.S., TX
Waxahachie H.S., TX

Edited by LeanderMomma
Revised schedule and added classes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, Tubalord11 said:

Cant wait to attend this one! I could see this one in the near future being as strong as the DFW regional, if not close!

Aside from a few notable big hitters, the lineup for this contest is just as deep as DFW is going to be so you would be missing out not going to either one, which is great! We have GN finalists, SR finalists, Regional and UIL Area/State finalists out the wazoo in this competition, it is plenty deep!

56 minutes ago, H27dk said:

I have no clue at this point how this contest will go. So many notable and interesting programs attending. You could argue almost any of these bands for a finals placement. It seems like most bands not attending DFW are here and I’m excited to see how this contest will turn out.

You could make a case that this contest is possibly one of the most stacked events in the country. Like at least 80% - 90% of these bands are finals worthy.

11 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

You could make a case that this contest is possibly one of the most stacked events in the country. Like at least 80% - 90% of these bands are finals worthy.

Completely agree, and with the lineup seeming to grow almost every week, I get more excited for this one! Make predictions is going to be so hard until like the day before the comp, but even then, bands have improved drastically over a week, so at this point, I’d be surprised if most people could predict half the bands that make finals! Gonna be a heck of a comp for sure!

1 hour ago, Tubalord11 said:

Completely agree, and with the lineup seeming to grow almost every week, I get more excited for this one! Make predictions is going to be so hard until like the day before the comp, but even then, bands have improved drastically over a week, so at this point, I’d be surprised if most people could predict half the bands that make finals! Gonna be a heck of a comp for sure!

I feel like there is going to be upsets at this competition!

45 minutes ago, Dave609 said:

I feel like there is going to be upsets at this competition!

Oh 100%! There will definitely some bands who should make finals and probably would if this comp wasn’t so stacked, but it also means prelims are gonna be better because everyone knows how stacked it will be and that only a “great” performance will get groups into finals. 

19 hours ago, J-Mike16 said:

Not tooting my own horn here I promise, but I BEEN SAYIN!!!😂

5 hours ago, Tubalord11 said:

Oh 100%! There will definitely some bands who should make finals and probably would if this comp wasn’t so stacked, but it also means prelims are gonna be better because everyone knows how stacked it will be and that only a “great” performance will get groups into finals. 

It also is something to be said that if a band people predicted to be in or safely in doesn’t make it, it doesn’t mean they’re in a “down year” but that competition simply stepped up on the day! This contest is gonna be really interesting!

My only TRUE locks that are guaranteed to make finals are Timber Creek, Waxahachie, and Wakeland, everyone else is so close in skill that a bad or good run could mean the difference in 3rd to not making finals, going to be one of the most exciting comps due to how narrow the difference in skill is.

9 minutes ago, TrenBS said:

My only TRUE locks that are guaranteed to make finals are Timber Creek, Waxahachie, and Wakeland, everyone else is so close in skill that a bad or good run could mean the difference in 3rd to not making finals, going to be one of the most exciting comps due to how narrow the difference in skill is.

Mine currently are the 3 you mentioned plus prosper,Hendrickson and probably mustang. I feel like these 6 will only not make finals if the show design doesn’t really work, which I could see be the case for shows like Prospers, but based on how last year went for these 6, I think they’d most likely make it. However, TC and Wakeland did get new directors, so that could also have a decent impact.